Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Huarache Gal page 6

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    I took a pretty good header this morning. I took my dog out for a run. He ended up going in front of me and stopped suddenly to bark at a dog behind a fence. In other words, my dog stopped, I didn't. I ended up hitting the pavement. I took a pretty good chunk of skin off my right big toe, plus I had road rash and scrapes on both knees and even a little raspberry on my shoulder. It was pretty funny, actually. My dog was trying to figure out what I was doing. Got home and cleaned everything up. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. I'm still giggling about how it must have looked.

Wow, I can't believe its been almost a month since I had anything to say.

Last Saturday I ran a 10k fun run (it turned out to be 5.5 miles, but thats okay.) It was a run put on by Barefoot Boise. It was good to meet up with other minimalist and barefoot runners, and some that wore conventional shoes. As usual, I wore my huaraches (Lunas). It was a fun run but didn't start till 10, so by the time I finished, it was pretty hot. Fortunately, another runner helped me to keep going at the end. The distance was fine, but the heat took its toll. I didn't win any raffle prizes, but I still enjoyed it and got to meet some online friends in real life.

Today is my 50th birthday. It seems a little strange being 50, but I'm in great health, have a wonderful family and good job so I don't have anything to complain about. Just another age group for races!!

rockrunner Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    Wow, I can't believe its been almost a month since I had anything to say.

Last Saturday I ran a 10k fun run (it turned out to be 5.5 miles, but thats okay.) It was a run put on by Barefoot Boise. It was good to meet up with other minimalist and barefoot runners, and some that wore conventional shoes. As usual, I wore my huaraches (Lunas). It was a fun run but didn't start till 10, so by the time I finished, it was pretty hot. Fortunately, another runner helped me to keep going at the end. The distance was fine, but the heat took its toll. I didn't win any raffle prizes, but I still enjoyed it and got to meet some online friends in real life.

Today is my 50th birthday. It seems a little strange being 50, but I'm in great health, have a wonderful family and good job so I don't have anything to complain about. Just another age group for races!!
    Happy Birthday PB!!! I recognize your dog from the BRS.

Thanks, Rockrunner!! Yep, same dog as my avatar from BRS.

I made fresh batches of toothpaste, deoderant and hairspray last night. They're all very easy to make. The hardest part is stirring the ingredients for the deoderant.

I've been an absolute sugar monster lately. Too much chocolate and too much of my favorite mix of almond butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder. Oh well. This too shall pass.

Well here it is the middle of October already. Just got back from a 2 week vacation to see my parents, go to a wedding in California and then a few days in Vegas with my mom and aunt. Food wise, I did well except for one night of non-primal Mexican food and two occasions of ice cream splurges. FYI - salted caramel ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery is outstanding!

Got back and went camping for a couple of days, in the middle of which I got a nasty stomach bug. I don't normally get sick and this one really got me. But I'm almost back to normal and I'm ready to get back in the routine again. I'm pretty sure I'll be quite sore after I lift weights tomorrow but that's to be expected.

30 Oct 13 - I'm back in the swing of things as far as working out is concerned. It feels good to be back in my routine. I started a little experiment in eating (again). I'm trying the 16/8 fasting/eating. This is day three and its been surprisingly easy. Actually, I've ended up doing more of a 17/7 so far. We'll see if it does anything.

5 Nov 13 - Went for a run this morning with my 4-legged runnning buddy. I had to break out my warmer gear as it was 17f when we left and 16f when we got back. I dressed just right though and was comfortable throughout the run. Tried out my new Altra Superior shoes today. I like them. They're more of a trail shoe but still nice even on roads. They're a bit heavy compared to my huaraches, but warmer. I think they're going to workout well in snow and mud. I also ordered some Altra The One shoes. More of a road shoe and a bit lighter than the Superiors. Its nice to have zero drop options.

My 16/8 eating plan is going well. I notice that I seem to eat less by doing this and stick to eating twice a day pretty easily. On Saturday and Sunday I did have a piece of fruit and some cheese as a snack, but other than that, just eating 2x a day. For some reason, its easier to stay out of stuff this way. We'll see if this stays constant as hormones fluctuate.

I made some yummy mashed sweet potatoes (yams) for a work potluck today. Roasted about 7 or 8 good sized yams, peeled them, mashed them and added two sticks of butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup coconut milk and sprinkled cinnamon, nutmeg and a little salt on them. They are delicious and the smell of them in the crockpot is driving everyone crazy!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    12 Nov 13 - Gave in to the sugar monster over the weekend. Completely went off the deep end, candy, ice cream, etc. But I haven't done that since I started on PB in Feb. 13. So once every 9 months isn't too bad. Hopefully, I'll be back on track now. Stupid hormonal cravings! But, the 16/8 plan is still going well. So thats something.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast