Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Huarache Gal page 5

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I guess I haven't had much to say lately. Still eating primally, and exercising.

In my frustration to lose a few pounds, I realized I forgot the most important part of being primal, which is health. Eating things that nourish my body, which leads to better health.

And I am in fantastic health, so if I stay the same and never lose a few pounds or a little fat around the middle, its all good.

I've been doing a couple of experiments that I should probably keep track of

First, I quit coffee. Cold turkey. Haven't had any since Thursday. I was only drinking 2 cups a day black, so not very strong, but decided to see how things felt without it.

Second, I quit drinking so much water. I was drinking my coffee in the a.m. and then anywhere from 52-64 ounces of water a day (sometimes a bit more). Now I'm just drinking when thirsty. I usually end up drinking about 24-32 ounces a day. Just wanted to see if that would do anything.

Third, I started taking two tablespoons of coconut oil a day (one in the a.m. and one before dinner). I've read in several places that this can help with getting rid of fat. I didn't figure it would hurt to try it out.

So I'm still experimenting with things. I really don't want to be bothered tracking for calories or macros. I have a tendency to be borderline OCD about things and don't want to start that up.

What an adventure we had this morning. It started the other day when my dog was barking at our chickens, which he usually doesn't do. I checked the chicken coop and saw a black and white furry tail with the chickens. Yes, a skunk. The skunk managed to leave on its own. After that my DH put concrete all around the chicken pen and coop so the skunk couldn't dig under and possibly kill the chickens.

Fast forward to this morning. I let our dog out to do his business before our run, and he found the skunk under our back porch. Yes, the skunk sprayed the dog. You think a skunk smells bad but when its up close and personal, its enough to make you hurl.

I found a great recipe online to help de-skunk our dog. 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons Dawn dishwashing liquid and 1/4 cup baking soda. You don't wet the dog but wash him, rinse and repeat. You have to be careful not to get it in the eyes. After washing my dog three times, especially around his head and neck, he didn't smell like skunk anymore.

How to Get Rid of Skunk Smell in Pets

Now if I could get the smell out of my nose and my house, it would be great!

We still had time for a short run, which I know we both enjoyed after our stressful start!

The skunk smell isn't entirely off the dog, but at least its bearable. I also put mothballs under our porch to discourage any more skunks from hanging out.

Made my first batch of homemade hairspray last night. It certainly is easy to make. Tried it this morning. I think next time I'll use more sugar, as I like a little more control.

1 cup filtered water
    4 teaspoons sugar (more if you like a stronger hold)
    6-8 drops of essential oil (optional)

Boil the water, dissolve the sugar in the boiling water. Let cool. Add essential oil and put in a container.

I don't know what's up with me the last couple of days, but I just WANT TO EAT! I've managed to stay with primal foods, but its out of control. Damn hormones!!!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hi!

I'm experiencing this as well. What foods do you seem to be craving?
    Right now all I want to eat is dark chocolate and banana's.

Apparently you can get this after a few weeks of low calorie intake. I haven't read back through your journal, but have you been eating normally?

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hi!

I'm experiencing this as well. What foods do you seem to be craving?
    Right now all I want to eat is dark chocolate and banana's.

Apparently you can get this after a few weeks of low calorie intake. I haven't read back through your journal, but have you been eating normally?

T.
    Basically, I just want to eat anything available. My caloric intake has been normal but on days off of work, I think I need to make sure to eat to satiety and stay busier. However, even at work this week I just wanted to eat constantly. This seems to happen before that TOM and then things get back to normal again.

Thanks for the ideas though.

Edited to add: I do seem to crave fruit and sweet things more right now.

Well I totally fell off the wagon today. I'm not that concerned about it, tomorrow's a new day. Besides, I've only really gotten completely out of control once in 6 months. I could not quit eating Nature Valley Sweet and Salty bars. Hopefully, that's out of my system now. BTW, I'm out of almond butter and discovered peanut butter, maple syrup and organic cocoa powder tastes a lot like chocolate frosting! Danger Will Robinson, DANGER! Gotta laugh about it. But I did get a lot done around the house today so that's a plus.

I quit taking the coconut oil every day. I took 2 tblsp a day for 6 weeks. The only thing I noticed was that I loathe taking it. So that's enough of that.

Just a note about making my own hairspray. I made another batch and used 8 teaspoons of sugar and it worked great! Much better control for my wild hair.

Wow, a bad weekend for the amount of food consumed. Both Saturday and Sunday I couldn't quit stuffing my face. Although it was primal food, still not good. And I couldn't stay out of the almond butter (mixed with cocoa and maple syrup). Something I thought of that may have contributed - Friday I went to lunch with my daughter and granddaughter at a BBQ place. I had sliced brisket and sweet potato fries. I'm sure the BBQ sauce had sugar and grape jelly in it. Perhaps the sugar on Friday contributed to my out of control eating for the weekend? Or maybe its just the hormonal mess for a woman on the edge of menopause? I dont' know. Perhaps I need more carbs on a regular basis.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast