Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Huarache Gal page 4

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    So the recovery from the HM is going well. I rested on Sunday and Monday (except for upper body weights) and ran on Tuesday and Thursday (3 miles with my pup before work). I must say the runs felt good and refreshing. At this point, I'm thinking of running three days a week, 2 days of 3 miles and one day of 5. Upper body weights 2x a week and abs/core and some leg strength 2x a week.

Progress in weights - I moved up to 60 lbs (+bar weight) for my bench press and 25 lb each hand (+ dumbell) for curls. I'm a little stiff this morning, but it feels good to know its from lifting.

Still toying with the whole food thing. I've been VLC (for me) this week, around 50 per day or so. I'm thinking I'll keep on that and probably do a re-feed on Saturdays. I don't measure everything.

Another thing I've been thinking of is ditching breakfast. Usually, on workdays, I eat by 8:00 or so (usually 3 eggs and some sort of meat/fish), then lunch around 1:00 and dinner about 6:30 to 7. The reason I'm considering the skipping breakfast is that on the days I don't work, I don't normally eat until about 11. So why not try that on work days? So I'll probably start trying that next week and see how it goes. I'll probably add a couple of hard boiled eggs to my BAS for lunch so I'm still getting all the good stuff from eggs. N = 1, yes, we're tinkering with things again!

So this is day one of consciously skipping breakfast, although I did it yesterday (Sunday) without even trying. Got to work and didn't start drinking my coffee (with 1/2 cup coconut milk) until 8 and finished it a little after 9 (I drink it in a 24 oz cup, which is equivalent to two cups of coffee). Its a little after 11 now and although I'm hungry, its a good hungry and not one of those I MUST EAT NOW things. I have a BAS in the fridge for lunch. So far, so good.

I made flour less cheesy bread to use as a burger bun today. The biggest problem with it is that I could eat the whole batch in one sitting. I used Parmesan cheese and Kerrygold extra sharp cheddar. DELICIOUS!!

Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe | The Nourished Life

I'm re-thinking the no breakfast thing again. Its been two weeks now and I feel like I've put on some fat/chub in the belly area. I also gained some weight, but I'm not sure what's muscle and what's fat, since I'm lifting heavier now. I think I'll try eating breakfast again, maybe just 3 or 4 eggs when I get to work. The timing of it is a bit of a pain too, since I need to eat lunch around lunch time and eat dinner before 7:00 p.m. since I go to bed at 9.

Made some bear poop cookies over the weekend. I think I need to avoid making these very often. They were freaking awesome! Its hard to stay away from them, much like brownies were for me before PB. But at least they're genuinely healthy and I know exactly what went into them.

Another round of N=1.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Huarache Gal,

loved the cheesy bread, I have made several batches and they've all been demolished in double quick time. Sometimes I have help I find the result better by omitting the yoghurt.

What are bear poop cookies??

Have a great primal day, Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi Huarache Gal,

loved the cheesy bread, I have made several batches and they've all been demolished in double quick time. Sometimes I have help I find the result better by omitting the yoghurt.

What are bear poop cookies??

Have a great primal day, Annie
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the cheesy bread!

Bear poop cookies:

Bear (ahem…) Poop; No-Bake, Low Carb Drop cookies | Fit Chick's Kitchen

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
    1/2 cup almond butter
    1/3 cup cacao powder
    1/4 cup steviva blend
    1/4 cup heavy cream *
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
    1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add remaining ingredients. Drop spoonfuls onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
    Chill until firm.

I used 1/2 cup coconut milk in place of the cream and almond milk, 1/4 cup raw honey in place of the steviva and walnuts in place of the pecans

Rhonda the Red is offline Junior Member
    Let me also thank you for the cheesy bread. OMG that stuff is crack!! Talk about a hamburger bun!!! YUM!!! Now on to Bear Poop!

I've started upping the breakfast ante as well. Hope it helps!!!

Still monkeying around with my eating a bit. During the work week, I've been eating 3 hard-boiled eggs at about 8 am. And then my BAS at about 11:30 or 12, with dinner around 6:30 or so.

I also went back to having my coffee black. 1/2 cup of coconut milk is another almost 200 calories a day I can do without. In addition, I'm making a conscious effort not to go crazy with the Kerrygold butter with dinner. I'm trying to keep it to a tablespoon or so with my veggies and another with my fish/meat. Maybe these things will help with the pudge around my abdomen. I'm hoping so. The hardest thing of all is keeping my butter consumption at a reasonable level. I can easily put away a whole stick of Kerrygold with dinner, which is about 1600 calories. Definitely not a good idea for a female pushing 50 with some pudge around the middle.

The experiment continues!

I recently got a cool new hand grater for making cheesy bread. It works great, actually too well. It will also grate your thumb if you don't keep it out of the way! I think that means the cheesy bread will be better than usual this time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a great weekend camping. The cheesy bread was delicious and well worth the grated thumb! I enjoyed trying out some of the goodies I got from Northstar Bison (Northstar Bison | Grass-Fed American Buffalo Meat). The regular brats were fantastic and I really enjoyed the breakfast sausage too. A beef hotdog on cheesy bread with mustard was very good too.

I think DH was a little frustrated by my eating and staying primal, especially with his suggestion of breakfast out. I just have a hard time eating out when I have great-tasting all natural foods available to me and the restaurant fare doesn't do anything for me. Oh well. He had breakfast at the lodge and I cooked my own in the camper.

I did have a few alcoholic beverages - vodka with sparkling water and a twist. A very refreshing summer drink.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast