Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Huarache Gal page 2

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Went for a run with my 4-legged running buddy this morning. It was about 30f. I couldn't figure out what was in the air. I felt silly when I realized it was snowing very lightly. We had a good run together.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around eating a lot of fat sometimes. Particularly in regards to coconut milk. Making a smoothie with a whole can equates to about 70g of fat. Thats a ton in one drink. I may try going with half a can and see what I think. I really like them after my long runs and for something for breakfast other than eggs.

I've decided to eat more carbs than I have been. Had about 1/2 a sweet potato for dinner last night (plus ground beef and mixed veggies). I also had a smoothie (1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 a can of coconut milk and a scoop of whey protein), this morning for breakfast and an apple for a snack. I'm still experimenting with the the carbs and running thing. I don't know what the magical combination for good running is, but I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Sleep has been horrible. More because my dog/running buddy has some kind of bug or something. I'm such a light sleeper that if he or my DH don't sleep well, I don't sleep well. I don't think any of us has been sleeping well. Hopefully tonight will be a better night.

I just watched this movie and wanted to post it here for my own reference and for anyone else who wants to see it. It's an hour long, but very enlightening.

The Statin Nation - the great cholesterol cover up

STATIN NATION: The Great Cholesterol Cover-Up (Full Movie) - YouTube

Rhonda the Red is offline Junior Member
    Hey, Hurache Gal!! I just wanted to give you a shout out and tell you thanks again for pointing me toward the sock doc's treatment for plantar fasciitis! Girl, I am cured!!! It's been the most wonderful turnaround! Now that I can be on my feet again during the day instead of dying of sitting disease, my weight loss has started up again and my energy levels are so much higher. I cannot thank you enough for your help with that!!

Meanwhile, I am another 40-something -- 46 in fact -- and finding MDA last year has been a lifesaver for me. It's been a learning process for sure but I know I am significantly healthier than when I started. I'll be keeping up with your journal and have decided to start my own. Thanks again!

Rhonda - I am so glad to hear your PF is better! Sock Doc is an unconventional guy with a great site and unusual viewpoint. I really like that he's all about treating the cause, not just the symptom.

Glad to see things have improved for you. I am absolutely loving the Primal WOE. I just wish I had become primal earlier in life.

Cheers and Grok On!

This morning, I took my running buddy out for our Saturday morning run. It was about 41f, and windy, but not horrible. Ran a nice 5.25 with the pup, then dropped him at the house and ran another 2 miles, for a total of 7.19 for me. By the end, I was getting a little hungry, but not bad. I felt like I could have run farther. Successful run, followed by a smoothie with 1 cup of frozen berries, 1/2 a can of coconut milk and a scoop of whey protein powder, and now coffee.

Finally made my first order at US Wellness Meats. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Made a nice chuck roast with potatoes, carrots and turnips last night. I didn't have any potatoes. It was good but I need to think of other veggies to add next time.

I feel like I just want to eat everything in sight today. I had forgotten that on longer run days, I don't tend to eat that much and the next day I make up for it. I had 3 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon and a handful of coconut flakes so far today. I did my leg strength and abs workout before I ate.

One thing I'm noticing, is that my run recovery seemed easier, both yesterday and today.

Ran yesterday morning and this morning. Also lifted upper body weights last night. Interesting that my weight is creeping up a bit. I'm not worried about it and credit the gain to muscle as I'm running more and lifting more.

I tracked my food on Paleo Track for a couple of days. I quickly figured out that things were fine and I needed to quick tracking before my Type A personality (aka anal retentive) got out of hand.

On a woohoo note, I found someone local that has pastured chicken eggs! Our chickens won't be old enough to start laying for about 4-6 months so I was thrilled to find a local source!

Rhonda the Red is offline Junior Member
    Hurray for the pastured eggs!! I lost my connection last year when my neighbor moved. I am headed this Saturday to a local farmer's market in hopes of catching up with a local free-range chicken producer. Yay, eggs!

Went out for a run with my running buddy early this morning. I took him for a little over 5 miles, left him at the house and did another 3 miles. 8 miles total. I didn't eat before I left. It went fine, but I was getting tired and hungry at the end. I'm thinking for longer than 7 or 8 miles, I'll probably take some sort of food with me, maybe dried fruit, if I can find some without added sugar. Maybe I'll have to dehydrate some myself. I don't necessarily attribute getting tired to needing food, but if I'm going to ultimately run 13 miles, I may need something along the way. I think next week I'll try having something to eat or a smoothie before I go next time. This is all such an experiment. I knew what worked for me when I ate SAD, but this is all different.

Anyway, had a great run with Jet. We'll be working on the chicken pen and coop today.

Forgot to mention, my PF is cranky, especially in my left foot. I'll be working the trigger points in my calves a lot to get it settled down.
    Last edited by Huarache Gal; 04-27-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast