Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Low Carb for 1 year, and can't lose last 20 pounds of fat page

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member

Eating Low Carb for 1 year, and can't lose last 20 pounds of fat

Primal Fuel
    I have been eating low carb for the past year, and although I have lost weight, my body fat is still 38%, and I seem stuck here. I just ordered the book, but I have questions about some of the things I've read on the website.

Being perimenopausal, I have hormone issues and am on bio-identical hormone replacement, which causes difficulty losing weight.

RSL
    Also, is dairy "off the table" in this way of eating?

RSL
    Even though I eat the way I see this website is suggesting, if I eat over 45-50 carbs per day, I gain weight.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Begin with eating as the Primal Blueprint lays out. Do not cheat. Any cheats only delay weight loss, especially if you are not very active. Give it a few weeks and report back.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Every body is different -- the recommendations on the web site (and in the book) are intended to work for most of the people most of the time, but as you've seen there is some variation.

Some people can tolerate dairy and some can't. I'd suggest cutting it out completely for a month and see what happens. I am not too sure about perimenopausal issues (not quite there yet, but I can see it from here, so I should find out!) so I hope someone knowledgeable will drop in with some info. It certainly sounds like there might be some hidden factor that is holding you back.

Good luck, and welcome!

RSL
    I think the thing is that I am already eating the way the book suggests, and am unable to lose weight. :0}

RSL
    Thanks, Diane! I am anxious to get the book to see if there are any variances in the way I already eat. I have no problem cutting out the cheese, because I eat very little of it now - maybe 2 ounces per week, if that. But I do use a couple of fluid ounces of heavy cream each day. Should I cut that out, too?

RezH is offline Senior Member
    How about a complete one day menu? I find it easier myself to generally eat the same stuff day in and day out, but I realize most people insist on variety. To me, it's just fuel. I've never ate because I liked it.

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RezH View Post
    How about a complete one day menu? I find it easier myself to generally eat the same stuff day in and day out, but I realize most people insist on variety. To me, it's just fuel. I've never ate because I liked it.
    I am trying to get back to eating this way............I never liked to eat before, but I liked to cook. Some where over the years, my inlaws told me that I needed to eat and enjoy it..............LOL. Then I got hormone issues, diabetes and depression, thought you were supposed to be fat and happy.......

RSL
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here is what I ate yesterday, which is a pretty good example of the way I typically eat from day to day:

Breakfast
    2 scrambled eggs with 1 Tbs. heavy cream, 0.8 oz. brick cheese, 1 Tbs. butter, 1/8 tsp. ground turmeric and 1/8 tsp. sea salt
    3 slices nitrate-free bacon
    3.3 oz. raw tomatoes with 1/16 tsp.sea salt

Lunch
    6.2 oz. (raw weight) grilled ground sirloin, 1 Tbs. butter and 1/8 tsp. sea salt
    Salad - 3 oz. romaine lettuce, 2 oz. Haas avocado, with my homemade olive oil/lime juice/crushed garlic salad dressing (1 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 Tbs. Realime juice, 1 clove crushed, fresh garlic, 1/8 tsp. onion powder, 3 drops liquid Stevia
    0.4 oz. psyllium seed husks in water

Dinner
    6.1 oz. (raw weight) pan fried salmon with 1 Tbs. butter and 1/8 tsp. sea salt
    2 oz. (raw weight) kale, oven roasted with 1 Tbs. olive oil olive oil and 1/8 tsp. sea salt
    5.4 oz. raw tomatoes with 1/16 tsp. sea salt

Dessert
    4 Tbs. heavy cream, whipped, with 3.4 oz. strawberries, 1.5 oz. blueberries, 4 drops Stevia,

1960 calories
    145.2g fat (66.7%)
    111.7g protein
    51.7g carbs
    21.5g fiber
    30.2 net carbs, of which 14.1 were from veggies

On the days I don't have psyllium, I have flaxmeal. If I don't get around 21g of fiber per day, I get constipated or have diarrhea. I could add more fiber from veggies, but if I go over 50g carbs, I gqain weight. I am extremely sensitive to carbs, and so is my husband. We have to keep the carbs really low.

I also take a lot of supplements and vitamins, and I drink 72 oz. of water per day.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast