I don't want to hear that we shouldn't take protein shakes - my primal trainer has convinced me that I need to do this. I've been using Vegan Biochem which has quite a good profile and works well for me - but I dislike that hemp/pea protein aftertaste. I can get it down though, and I got used to the taste. This product (the chocolate version) has Xylitol however, which I know isn't good. This shake has BCAAs and other good things, and our strength sessions are intense.

I've been experimenting with Tera's Whey (I seem to tolerate whey well in small amounts, and this has fair trade ingredients and organic rGBH free whey - only 4 ingredients with 20 grams protein + 5 grams carbs). I REALLY like that it is organic and fair trade, it blends well, taste is the best I've ever seen in a protein shake....but that 4th ingredient is soy lecithin...

How bad IS soy lecithin? I can't imagine that there is much in the mix...but I don't want to sabotage myself. I don't use this for every workout, just after our group workouts where we lift heavy and do other very intense activities - and then I've got to go straight to work so there isn't much chance for enough real food. On the weekends I use real food.