Thread: Cleveland Clinic carnitine study re: red meat causes artery hardening

Hybrid View

Cleveland Clinic carnitine study re: red meat causes artery hardening

This is the newest study family members are sending to prove to me that red meat will give me heart disease. Can you address it in your blog please? Compound in red meat, energy drinks linked to heart disease in Cleveland Clinic research | cleveland.com
    Thank you!
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Me too!!

No one's nagging me, but I'd love to hear some thoughts. For some reason none of my favorite paleo/primal/weston price blogs have commented on it.

I just saw a thread by some forum members on the Primal Research board here, but I would still love to hear Mark's thoughts (if possible).
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Reviving an old thread, but here goes anyway. Anybody who was watching the news last year (2014) knows that a big meta-study conducted by Harvard concluded that there's no proof in the scientific literature that saturated fats cause heart disease. Well, I was at a dinner recently with a number of cardiologists and their family members. I noticed that they were almost all bypassing the red meat. I asked why and was told but the latest studies indicate that a substance found in red meat called carnitine causes thickening of the arteries. I googled it found a number of articles devoted to this topic saying basically the same thing. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by Matt S.; 09-20-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
    Reviving an old thread, but here goes anyway. Anybody who was watching the news last year (2014) knows that a big meta-study conducted by Harvard concluded that there's no proof in the scientific literature that saturated fats cause heart disease. Well, I was at a dinner recently with a number of cardiologists and their family members. I noticed that they were almost all bypassing the red meat. I asked why and was told but the latest studies indicate that a substance found in red meat called carnitine causes thickening of the arteries. I googled it found a number of articles devoted to this topic saying basically the same thing. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Carnitine is critical to fat metabolism. It serves as the transporter of fat to the mitochondria to start the fatty acid spiral and energy generation. A deficiency of carnitine is a serious health risk. It is shocking that physicians would intentionally avoid carnitine.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

aren't we made of red meat?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    aren't we made of red meat?
    Being made of red meat and eating it may not be the same thing.