Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing meals/intermittent fasting page 2

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Otzi,

do you just have the potato on its own (not meat or veg)

and how do you cook it?
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    20/4 one meal time in evening, probably consuming 2/3rds of previous food consumption, drifted into that mode for last few months after switching to paleo/primal 18 months ago.
    1 rule listen to your body, do not try to force things, your body rules what goes on within, brain only rules in the outside world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane. View Post
    I tried one meal a day but was starving by about 1pm as my job is pretty physical. Maybe I could do one proper meal and a lunch snack (some fruit & a shake or something)

Thanks
    Did you read the detail, I was Primal/Paleo for 12-14 monthhs before I went to 1 meal per day, listen to your body, just eat right and don't force it.
    my breakfasts just went later and later, then merged into an early lunch, then lunch went later and later then just merged into an early dinner and there you are, 3 to 2 to 1, but note the time frame.
    And yes I do hard physical labour, no problems.
    Maybe you can do it in 6 months, maybe it will take 2 years or more, don't stress over it, just eat well, don't force it and listen to your body.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Did you read the detail, I was Primal/Paleo for 12-14 monthhs before I went to 1 meal per day, listen to your body, just eat right and don't force it.
    my breakfasts just went later and later, then merged into an early lunch, then lunch went later and later then just merged into an early dinner and there you are, 3 to 2 to 1, but note the time frame, maybe you can do it in 6 months, maybe it will take 2 years or more, don't stress over it, just eat well, don't force it and listen to your body.
    Fully agree. I was primal for 6 months as a corrective measure for my metabolism before I really started to feel my food needs. I ditched lunch first as it was more of a social thing at work - I truly was not hungry. I then switched to bulletproof coffee for breakfast with sometimes a couple of eggs and bacon because I also cook for my wife and kids. But then, I realized I was not even hungry during the morning. So I ditched breakfast altogether as well (but kept coffee and spoonful of coconut oil, I like good coffee in the morning ). And lo and behold: true hunger only kicked in during late afternoon. I had not looked back since I started this eating schedule. I feel really good on it and it feels like I am much more aware of how good food tastes during dinner! It became a real enjoyment to eat, not just a mindless stuffing

But yeah, I would recommend to approach this once you are really fat adapted as your body will rely on fat store for the fasting period (4 hours after dinner to start of next dinner). Read pklopp take on IF (3 parts) really informative

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

J.
    Last edited by dkJames; 04-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Spot on.
    and Yes, I do knock down acouple coffes in morning with coconut cream.

All hail Pklopp -

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane. View Post
    I tried one meal a day but was starving by about 1pm as my job is pretty physical. Maybe I could do one proper meal and a lunch snack (some fruit & a shake or something)

Thanks
    I hadn't eaten breakfast for years when I read about intermittent fasting. But I tried one day to switch to a 19/5 window of eating and wasn't able to do it. Later I read the Fast-5 book (download free off their site) and found that they recommend easing into it over a period of weeks by pushing back breakfast until it merges with lunch, then pushing back lunch. I was able to make the transition effectively in that way.

jmosery is offline Member
    I've been doing this as well most days especially during the week but the opposite time table. I am not a night eater at all but since I wake up and workout fasted I find I get hungry early. I will have some eggs or a shake(fruit and veggies with wanter) in the morning and a big lunch around 2 and I'm good for the day. Works for me

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I skip a lot of typical mealtimes but I don't think it works if you're anxiously watching the clock hands tick away.

My approach:
    • learning how to not eat when I'm not hungry is a crucial and surprisingly difficult skill to develop
    • fed and fasted hormone states are profoundly different and meant to be in balance. If I'm eating/growing for more than 12 hours then I have fewer than 12 hours to recede/repair and this is bad. Shorter feeding periods might undo some of this badness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12