Thread: Caloric intake page

Kaminokamen is offline Junior Member

Caloric intake

Primal Fuel
    So, I'm reading over some of the basics and and seeing this whole effortless weightloss area of 50-100 carbs and learned that I am doing it wrong, I have been eating tons of fruit, and out of that range. So I am curious of some things I could buy on the cheap side, to have for snacks. I know that almonds are super good. I've been teaming up pink lady apples and almonds. Getting super full! Anyways. Any meat snacks? I'm not sure where to find jerky at my grocery store, I should've asked, but forgot. Anyway, I need some help so I don't go back on my lifestyle change!

Kaminokamen is offline Junior Member
    Just noticed I read it wrong, it shouldve been carb intake, not calories. So then, I think I'm not doing that bad. But still want ideas. Lol.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    If you are trying for weight loss, you might consider breaking the 'snacking' habit. I know you're not asking about calories, but they add up, especially if you mindlessly munch on snacks.

The key to weight loss isn't losing but maintenance. That's why it's important to develop good habits about food during the weight-loss process. Most 'snacking' is pure habit, and habits can be changed.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I like to whip up cream really thick with a whisk, crush 2 or 3 favourite nuts and one or two berries, whip together and eat like ice cream - great snack, craving killer and delicious

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Do not snack. Eat larger real meals. Eat a real meal for breakfast, one with real meat. Another real meal for lunch. Another for dinner. Do this every day for a week and I bet you will find that you not only have no appetite for snacks you might not have an appetite for all those meals.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Do not snack. Eat larger real meals. Eat a real meal for breakfast, one with real meat. Another real meal for lunch. Another for dinner. Do this every day for a week and I bet you will find that you not only have no appetite for snacks you might not have an appetite for all those meals.
    I agree to some extent but would say that if you're main goal is losing weight then continuing to eat when you are already satiated is not the way to go. That could be over eating and that does not assist weight loss. When you start to feel hungry later then have a high fat (or high protein but I prefer fat) snack to stop you getting cravings. Do this for just a few weeks and the cravings will eventually disappear.

Just my take

KT79 is offline Member
    I agree, no snacking is better - but if you need stuff to get you through right now, I'd suggest hard-boiled eggs and canned fish (I like sardines, eaten right out of the can). Not too expensive, lots of protein and good fats, no carbs, and omega 3s if you go with the sardines.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Snacking can indeed be a good weighloss or maintainance strategy - only remember not to snack on "snacks"! Snacking or undereating bland foods throughout the day, and a big satisfying all out meal at night, like the warrior diet...