I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the relationship between eating Primal foods and the potential risk of developing kidney stones? I know calcium oxalate stones are the most common but that stones can develop in people in different ways. However, I have found a common reason for someone developing them can be by consuming foods high in oxalates (ie. meat, green leafy veggies, nuts, beets, tea etc.) that are basically staples in a Primal person's diet. I know a lot of these foods are in mine.

I don't have a history of stones (or anyone else in my family) and it has only been brought to my attention over the last couple months that I have some. Thankfully, no painfull stone-passing to date. I have been Primal for over a year now and it has changed my life.

Wondering if this is in fact potentially diet-based (consuming too much high-oxalate foods in the form of meat, veggies and nuts primarily) if so, I can't be the only Primal person developing stones, as I'm not sure what else could be causing them? I have already had urine and blood work done and everything is normal. I know staying hydrated is key. As Mark suggests, I drink water throughout the day as required and as I get thirsty.

This is a puzzling one for me...