Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazy Days? page

DennyB is online now Senior Member

Lazy Days?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So today im having a extremely lazy day, I woke up, laid in bed for a few hours, got up and washed, sat and had a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream and a banana for a bit. Then sat and read for a few hours out back while picking a chicken carcass for lunch.... And now im back in bed watching Tv. Question: are sparse days like this good for you? I almost feel guilty for not exercising or at the very least stretching for a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely!

Are you enjoying it? Then yes. It's good. I know, I know, thats an overstatement but it's still true. Its ok to have a physical rest day, your body needs those. It's also ok to have a mental rest day. You brain needs those. And if you really really are feeling guilty about it, prod yourself out of bed and spend 10 minutes stretching or go for a short walk. It'll feel good anyway! But its ok if you don't. Just stop feeling guilty about it!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Very very good.

Seems sometimes we forget how to rest. Good on you.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    So today im having a extremely lazy day, I woke up, laid in bed for a few hours, got up and washed, sat and had a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream and a banana for a bit. Then sat and read for a few hours out back while picking a chicken carcass for lunch.... And now im back in bed watching Tv. Question: are sparse days like this good for you? I almost feel guilty for not exercising or at the very least stretching for a bit.

Couldn't even get up to use the computer.

prufock is offline Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this once in a while. In fact, I think it's probably a good thing, mentally, to take a day just to relax. The problem (and I'm guilty of this) is when you simply fall into the routine without really enjoying it.

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with this once in a while. In fact, I think it's probably a good thing, mentally, to take a day just to relax. The problem (and I'm guilty of this) is when you simply fall into the routine without really enjoying it.
    Thats what im afraid of, im an all or nothing kind of guy so its either healthy eating / exercise or laziness / crappie diet. I find it very hard to have a cheat day and get back on it.

@sjmc

I very rarely use my laptop anymore unless its to make a long post or read something that won't format properly on my phone

Last edited by DennyB; 04-09-2013 at 07:11 AM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I miss those days. I have lazy evenings when I can. I never feel bad about it either!

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I think some days our body just needs rest. It's a good thing.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm having one of those days today. I feel like doing nothing all day. Even thinking about exercise makes me tired. Very unlike me.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    Thats what im afraid of, im an all or nothing kind of guy so its either healthy eating / exercise or laziness / crappie diet. I find it very hard to have a cheat day and get back on it.

@sjmc

I very rarely use my laptop anymore unless its to make a long post or read something that won't format properly on my phone

I was completely joking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast