Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this enough exercice for weight loss page 2

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    IMHO, Cross Fit had a great idea - functional fitness across multiple fitness domains ... so that you can, in fact, function well in different situations. But the quality control was lost a long time ago (sadly) and the over-competitive streak replaced it. If you want improved function, I recommend a good body weight program (Paul Wade, Al Kavadlo, Ross Enamit, etc.) to start. As Pavel Tsatsouline says, master your own body weight first.

If you want more strength, more capability there are ways. If you want to LGN more, that's in the kitchen almost completely.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I have a couple more questions in mind. What would be the best program to start then? The PBF book? What I am afraid is if I continue to lose weight with eating primal with its benefits that I love, I do not want to become a flabby thin guy....

Also, when you guys talk about fasting, can I just like start this whenever I want. For example, I plan to try tommorow morning and not eat before lunch time...is this healthy? When you guys say if I am fat adapted or else I will have so much hunger, how do I know my body has changed and is now using fat as a source of energy instead of waiting for the sugar?

thank you very much!

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Hi, Primal Canadian.

good luck with finding a good workout programme for you, I will leave others to comment on that.

Regarding fasting, sure, just skip a meal when you feel like it and see how it works out for you.

You'll know you're fat adapted when you can easily go longer and longer between meals without getting that feeling that you are absolutely desperate to eat, and just eat anything, right away. You will feel hungry but it will be controllable. Another symptom is when you can easily turn down the junky sweets and pastries without a pang because they just don't appeal any more. As a result you might just find that fasting happens without you needing to plan it, for example you will wake up and not feel particularly ready to eat until later, or you will be out but there's no suitable primal food so you just decide to skip eating till you can get home to a real meal. It's certainly a great state to be in. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi, Primal Canadian.

good luck with finding a good workout programme for you, I will leave others to comment on that.

Regarding fasting, sure, just skip a meal when you feel like it and see how it works out for you.

You'll know you're fat adapted when you can easily go longer and longer between meals without getting that feeling that you are absolutely desperate to eat, and just eat anything, right away. You will feel hungry but it will be controllable. Another symptom is when you can easily turn down the junky sweets and pastries without a pang because they just don't appeal any more. As a result you might just find that fasting happens without you needing to plan it, for example you will wake up and not feel particularly ready to eat until later, or you will be out but there's no suitable primal food so you just decide to skip eating till you can get home to a real meal. It's certainly a great state to be in. Good luck.
    ok, then I'm already there :P even though I cheated and ate popcorn yesterday but it was with my wife watching a movie.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Great. That is cool. Then continuing with the primal eating while also adding in the right kind of exercise is probably your next step.

You probably would need to do some sort of lifting and the occasional sprint on top of your walking. As a female, I find that a couple of weights classes at my gym, regular walking/hiking and the occasional game of netball covers the bases adequately.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcanadian View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I have a couple more questions in mind. What would be the best program to start then? The PBF book? What I am afraid is if I continue to lose weight with eating primal with its benefits that I love, I do not want to become a flabby thin guy....

Also, when you guys talk about fasting, can I just like start this whenever I want. For example, I plan to try tommorow morning and not eat before lunch time...is this healthy? When you guys say if I am fat adapted or else I will have so much hunger, how do I know my body has changed and is now using fat as a source of energy instead of waiting for the sugar?

thank you very much!
    So....flabby thin *healthy* guy is worse than whatever you are right now? Seriously, there are far worse things to be afraid of.

EAT for optimal health. MOVE for optimal body composition. You can do one at a time, or do them at the same time. Just understand that you're working on accomplishing 2 different things at the same time, and the results may not align the way you were expecting.

You're new to this lifestyle. Take babysteps!
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

ross029 is offline Junior Member
    It depends if you are just walking and running it is not enough specially if you are eating a normal meal a day.In Finland country many people are going into gym at http://www.foreverclub.fi/ so that they will know that steps and way to an healthy lifestyle and good exercise.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post

EAT for optimal health. MOVE for optimal body composition.
    Exactly.

As far as crossfit goes, if its not working for you, that's okay. But it sounds to me like you're having a pretty hard core whine about not being able to play with the big dogs. It takes time. You have to stick with it, especially if you're coming from a base of not much. If you start on the lightest bar THAT IS OK. F*** what they think, everyone starts somewhere. When I went back to training I had to use a frikken broom stick because my back was so weak.

*rant over*

Don't worry about comparing yourself to others. Just don't even bother.

Maybe a personal trainer or small group sessions would be more your thing?

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcanadian View Post
    Hi there,

thank you very much!
    I rarely eat breakfast, and I have never gone to a checkup and had anyone say "you're unhealthy!!!" I think it's perfectly healthy to skip a meal, at least, it can't be bad for you. I'll eat dinner at like 6pm or 7pm, and won't eat again until 12pm or 1pm the next day. I'm just not hungry in the mornings, and that's fine. If I find I am hungry, I will wait about 30 minutes and sometimes the hunger will go away (I call this "phantom hunger" because I think my body and brain are tricking eachother into old habits). If it doesn't go away, I know I'm actually hungry and should actually eat something.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Find a kettlebell instructor, take some personal training sessions to make sure you have a good form, then join a class. I didn't really exercise before and now I LOVE kettlebells! After a month my strength has increased greatly!! It's fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast