Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling guilty page

feeling guilty

Primal Fuel
    Hello there,

Yesterday I watched a movie with my wife and I ate a bag of popcorn....now I feel really guilty. Physically, I do feel fine but I feel like I cheated...hence why I feel like I'm on a diet with Primal because if I eat something that's forbidden, I will feel bad...

I still have 25 pounds off to go..

polos26 is offline Senior Member
    Just put it behind you and carry on. If it makes you feel any better I went to see the Evil Dead last night and I ate my entire bag of popcorn (the small size) AND THEN I took my boyfriend's bag and ate some more of it.... I am currently fasting until lunch time...
    Loving my primal life

ummm ahahaha

well I did not fast...because it's too hard for me to come to work and eat nothing...maybe I should give it a try for fast weight loss?

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up about it.

Have you tried kale chips? They're crunchy and salty and get stuck in your teeth every bit as well as popcorn does. They're just as noisy too Just make or buy some before the next movie.

polos26 is offline Senior Member
    a few months ago I had hit a plateau, I started skipping breakfast then having lunch around 1 and dinner around 6-7 and took out my snacks. (My "snacks" are typically late night though and they're for the most part dessert LOL, dark chocolate with berries, nuts etc.) Anyway, while doing that I lost all the weight that had been just hanging around (my waist) for months! So yes, definitely give it a try....if ou are fat adapted, otherwise it will be torture!

What I did to make sure that I was not torturing myself was to start having breakfast a little bit later every day.
    Loving my primal life

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    shake it off, get back on the plan, eat plenty of delicious nutritious food

no one can blame you, the negative emotions after serve no purpose in the scheme of things!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Definitely don't beat yourself up - the guilt is also bad for you!
    The Physical Toll of Negative Emotions | Mark's Daily Apple

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    You've made a decision to get healthy. It will get easier. Ten months ago, the thought of tossing out my I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for real live OMG full fat/pure fat butter was one of the hardest things for me to do. Now: I Can't Believe I Used to Eat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. IOW, it gets easier as it becomes a way of life.

One day you won't see popcorn as a treat, but as something not very wholesome. You might even be making your own jerky to eat at the movies. And please don't feel guilty - guilt over food will make you very unhappy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    if you feel you are on a diet then you will have a hard time.

It will be different if you see it as a lifestyle change to become the healthier version of yourself. The less you will want to eat those foods
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're only accountable to yourself.

This isn't a diet! Its a lifestyle. And MY lifestyle includes the full movie experience...popcorn and candy included.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast