marcusp is offline Member

Ok Getting Headaches What Am I lacking?

Shop Now
    Hi all

So im into day 5

starting weight 13 stone 5lb

Today 12 stone 13.8lb

my diet so far has been red meat, eggs, mixed veg, a little fruit

did slip up with a couple packets of crisps but if im gonna do this crisps has to be on the menue now and then

keeping it simples at the moment

two meals a day with a little fruit as maybe a snack

so now im getting headaches and my flushing seems worse....

Am I lacking anything??

Maybe I need more water

any answers would be great

Thanks

Marcus

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Depends ... what was your diet prior to your current eating plan ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Depends ... what was your diet prior to your current eating plan ?
    I was eating to many crisps, sausage rolls, bread, pasta, white wine, normal dinners like pie and mash and peas, beans , breaded chicken lots of processed foods and frozen easy foods from icelands...

its kinda putting me off as I suffer from flushing

and these headaches are making it worse

Dont know if to have more bananas and up my water intake

cheers

Marcus

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Looks to me like you are going through some withdrawal. Usual suspects would be wheat and / or refined sugar. My wife went through a so-called carb flu when we went wheat and sugar free. I did not but it depends on each individual. Some suffer from withdrawal symptoms for as long as a couple of weeks ... stay the course for a while. If it is really persistent, reconsider. You may feel great after one full week or 10 days so it is worth keeping up the current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Looks to me like you are going through some withdrawal. Usual suspects would be wheat and / or refined sugar. My wife went through a so-called carb flu when we went wheat and sugar free. I did not but it depends on each individual. Some suffer from withdrawal symptoms for as long as a couple of weeks ... stay the course for a while. If it is really persistent, reconsider. You may feel great after one full week or 10 days so it is worth keeping up the current plan.
    I dont want to give up yet I didnt realise this would happen......

im going to persist for the whole month I have the willpower to do it...

just hate having these headaches and flushing even more its most uncomfortable...

cheers for the reply

Marcus

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I suggest trying some coconut oil on its own, just have a dessert spoonful and see if that helps... it will quickly go to your brain as a direct source of fuel

don't forget to eat some greens like savoy, spinach, spring greens (my fav) etc and put butter on

are you hungry? remember at this stage you are switching the way your metabolism works and that will take time so dont worry about the scales too much

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    I suggest trying some coconut oil on its own, just have a dessert spoonful and see if that helps... it will quickly go to your brain as a direct source of fuel

don't forget to eat some greens like savoy, spinach, spring greens (my fav) etc and put butter on

are you hungry? remember at this stage you are switching the way your metabolism works and that will take time so dont worry about the scales too much

heres Katsuhiko again always there to help :-)

ive been eating more onions, carrots, bean sprouts and green and white cabbage its a veggi mix from sainsburys

im having brocolli tomorrow

im not feeling hungry really

ill try spoonful of coconut oil thats going down fast have to order from where you said

but like I say im doing this for a month if its not for me its not for me but im here for a month for sure

Cheers

Marcus

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Try taking magnesium supplements (best in the evening as they can make you drowsy).

Also... are you getting enough salt now? When people stop eating a diet high in processed foods, and if you don't add any salt to the food you've cooked, you might not be getting enough salt and potassium.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Try taking magnesium supplements (best in the evening as they can make you drowsy).

Also... are you getting enough salt now? When people stop eating a diet high in processed foods, and if you don't add any salt to the food you've cooked, you might not be getting enough salt and potassium.
    ill take a look at the magnesium

im putting salt and pepper on all my meals not sure if thats enough salt...

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    re - salt

get some decent sea salt or rock salt - I get a brand called 'Geo', it tastes very salty so you don't need much. I get in a wholefood store but there will be other brands, Sainsbury will have a decent one

Saxa and other table salt is really nasty as it is made by chemical reaction
    Last edited by Katsuhiko the Rolfer; 04-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast