Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please take me seriously :P Bad eating related to horrible nightmare? page

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member

Please take me seriously :P Bad eating related to horrible nightmare?

I've been having some difficult days, but I should really say irresponsible days, were I for some reason think "wathever" and finish half a cake and 2 packets of evil cookies.

Now, I rarely dream. Like, the periods were I dreamt the most were before going primal. I mainly do University homework until I'm doozing off standing and get knocked out on my bed. And it's always short, sweet and no dreaming.

So I could't help but feel curious that after a string of bad eating days I had this pretty odd/horrible dream the night were I really, really ate crap. I hope not to offend anyone, and please forgive if I do, but I'm talking about a cancerous looking lady, dressed mardi gras style, eating baby cats on live television (E! news) and asking for a place to rent.

So I couldn't help but wonder if there might be a relation to this. Or if at least anybody has experienced something similar. :P

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Dreaming is a state of restless sleep, likely due to blood sugar dysregulation. I find when I'm not sleeping well(taking a while to fall asleep, etc) I would dream automatically, and it'd usually be some form of nightmare.

Do you eat before sleeping? Maybe you eat something crappy then go the day feeling bad without eating and this happens.
    nihil

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I find that after I have some crap meal with sugar and refined carbs (hey, we all have our weak moments) I get hyperactive, my body gets overheated, I get restless before sleep, and that sometimes lead to some hallucinatory type dreams. It's like the adult version of having nightmares after eating half your Halloween candy haul as a kid.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    posted in wrong thread, sorry ...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    My take on this:

almond meal and baked goods from nut flours, etc, are NOT addictive. It helps a transition from SAD dieting to primal eating. With time, you don't care unless you have kids that would like to invite friends over and offer them the usual cake / muffin / whatever. There, the use of the almond or flaxseed is THE choice for the kids party.

Consider this stuff as NON-staple food but occasional treats that you can offer your non-primal friends or relatives without telling them how you made them. But on the daily basis ? NO WAY! I much prefer my eggs / meat / veggies as a staple!! And that says a lot about the non-addictive quality of these baking substitutes because when I was on SAD, I would have the baked stuff DAILY.

Cheers!
    J.
    Wrong thread?
    nihil

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, clicked too fast on the thread link ...

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I find that after I have some crap meal with sugar and refined carbs (hey, we all have our weak moments) I get hyperactive, my body gets overheated, I get restless before sleep, and that sometimes lead to some hallucinatory type dreams. It's like the adult version of having nightmares after eating half your Halloween candy haul as a kid.
    Ohh, this reminds me that when I was I kid I constantly dreamt I was falling through a precipice and literally jumped out of the bed when I reached the end. It was like a jolt and my parents always told me that was the soul that wandered through the night and came back....

That doesn't happen these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Ohh, this reminds me that when I was I kid I constantly dreamt I was falling through a precipice and literally jumped out of the bed when I reached the end. It was like a jolt and my parents always told me that was the soul that wandered through the night and came back....

That doesn't happen these days...

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I haven't noticed anything when eating bad food, but for me, magnesium citrate gives me terrible nightmares.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I haven't noticed anything when eating bad food, but for me, magnesium citrate gives me terrible nightmares.
    I'm glad I don't get that symptom...same with the number of people on this forum who take it on a daily basis!
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast