Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please take me seriously :P Bad eating related to horrible nightmare? page 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I thought I was lactose intolerant, but it turns out I'm not. After months of no dairy, I find hard cheeses and raw milk go through just fine. Too much, and my skin gets red, itchy areas like psoriasis, so I just have a little each week. And sometimes a little more...

But I'm not convinced anymore that lactose intolerance is quite as simple as originally thought.
    That doesn't sound like a lactose issue. It sounds more like an allergy and/or a casein intolerance.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    I've had the same issue - when I eat something that is not part of my usual meal plan - something heavy in carbs like pizza or lots of sugar - several desserts out there I sometimes have dreams at night - not usually nightmares but usually very odd and they make little to no sense the next day. I also find I wake up after these meals and dreams not feeling rested at all.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Ill take a dream of eating baby kittens any day over my reoccurring nightmare which is a guy beating peoples brains in (yes the skull cap is removed) with a wooden mallet as the willing victim begs for more and brain matter flies everywhere

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    Ill take a dream of eating baby kittens any day over my reoccurring nightmare which is a guy beating peoples brains in (yes the skull cap is removed) with a wooden mallet as the willing victim begs for more and brain matter flies everywhere
    stop watching "walking dead".
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post

Of course everyone says Freud is full of it but there are still truths he revealed with his work. Whenever I have really disturbing dreams I try and think what might have precipitated it. The exact imagery matters less than the feelings it evoked. Did something happen to make me feel this way in my dream? Often I have dreams where I'm driving a car and it starts to roll backwards but I can't stop it. I think I often feel like I have no control over the direction I go.

Maybe your out of control bingeing is related to your dream somehow. Maybe there is something inside you so abhorrent you do not want to imagine it so you stuff it down with food and studying but it pops up in your dreams.
    Thanks! I'll definitely find it and purchase it. Personally I've always thought finding hidden meanings and symbols in dreams kind of pointless ? Because you can always relate an event or an object to something in your life, one way or another. That's why I initially thought it might have something to do with some type of disruption in our bodies caused by eating that affects that part of your brain where you dream.

But that would be dumb, to ignore that what affects our emotions doesn't have consequences on our conscious thoughts too.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    You win.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Dreaming is a normal part of sleep. Everyone dreams every night, during REM sleep (rapid eye movement). We cycle through REM sleep a few times each night. However, most people often don't remember their dreams hence they think that they did not dream. However, we dream every night. You can train yourself to remember your dreams better by keeping a dream journal (where you write down any dreams you remember as soon as you wake up--our memory of dreams often fades very quickly upon waking, but writing them down helps cement them) or by buying a device that detects rapid eye movement and wakes you up in the middle of REM sleep. (When you're woken up in the middle of REM sleep, you're more likely to remember your dreams.) The device is not recommended because it obviously disrupts your sleep.

As for why you had a nightmare when you ate poorly, I have no idea.

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    stop watching "walking dead".
    Lol never watched it, thats the disturbing part

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

homunculus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You are in University, right? If you have a chance to take Freud and read his book on dreams you might find it somewhat interesting. Actually, the book is kinda dry. But there's a great part in the book where he analyzes his own dream of seeing his mother dead and realizes that dreams are just wishes fulfilled. But it's not as clear as saying he wants to see his mother dead. Often we dream the opposite of what we most want because what we truly want is so abhorrent to ourselves. That's where he got his ideas for repression and unconscious desires.

Of course everyone says Freud is full of it but there are still truths he revealed with his work. Whenever I have really disturbing dreams I try and think what might have precipitated it. The exact imagery matters less than the feelings it evoked. Did something happen to make me feel this way in my dream? Often I have dreams where I'm driving a car and it starts to roll backwards but I can't stop it. I think I often feel like I have no control over the direction I go.

Maybe your out of control bingeing is related to your dream somehow. Maybe there is something inside you so abhorrent you do not want to imagine it so you stuff it down with food and studying but it pops up in your dreams.
    I'd recommend Jung over Freud
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    I'd recommend Jung over Freud
    I'd recommend the Big Five Personality Traits theory over Carl Jung.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast