Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please take me seriously :P Bad eating related to horrible nightmare? page 2

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dreaming is completely normal, and scientific study suggests that everyone has them, even if they aren't remembered in the morning. I've never heard the suggestion that "dreaming is a state of restless sleep, likely due to blood sugar dysregulation." Reoccurring frightening dreams might be associated with some sort of anxiety you're experiencing...

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UTfootball747 View Post
    D Reoccurring frightening dreams might be associated with some sort of anxiety you're experiencing...
    Interesting. Everything thing that stood out from my dream I can associate with something in my life. Although I don't feel stress over all of them :P.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UTfootball747 View Post
    Dreaming is completely normal, and scientific study suggests that everyone has them, even if they aren't remembered in the morning. I've never heard the suggestion that "dreaming is a state of restless sleep, likely due to blood sugar dysregulation." Reoccurring frightening dreams might be associated with some sort of anxiety you're experiencing...

you may or may not recall your dreams, but you dream.

and yes, extended periods of anxiety, or even a few days, and i am having "bad" dreams.

i think the krap consumption is affecting your sleep, so you're closer to conscious while having the dreams.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    This definitely happens to me! When I eat junk food, I have the most horrible nightmares about a serial killer. It's scary enough to keep me from eating junk food. lol

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If you want awesome dreams, eat a big chunk of cheese right before bedtime. Especially if you have ever lucid-dreamed. It's phenomenal.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If you want awesome dreams, eat a big chunk of cheese right before bedtime. Especially if you have ever lucid-dreamed. It's phenomenal.
    }

LOL. Should I tell ya that I'm lactose intolerant? XD

Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    This definitely happens to me! When I eat junk food, I have the most horrible nightmares about a serial killer. It's scary enough to keep me from eating junk food. lol
    bleh Mine was of an old lady eating baby kittens! Dreams don't censor and apparently mine had zoom technology on the gory details.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I thought I was lactose intolerant, but it turns out I'm not. After months of no dairy, I find hard cheeses and raw milk go through just fine. Too much, and my skin gets red, itchy areas like psoriasis, so I just have a little each week. And sometimes a little more...

But I'm not convinced anymore that lactose intolerance is quite as simple as originally thought.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I'm glad I don't get that symptom...same with the number of people on this forum who take it on a daily basis!
    Yeah, I wouldn't wish the over-the-top violent nightmares on anyone ... but thankfully I'm not alone when I googled to see if there was any correlation.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are in University, right? If you have a chance to take Freud and read his book on dreams you might find it somewhat interesting. Actually, the book is kinda dry. But there's a great part in the book where he analyzes his own dream of seeing his mother dead and realizes that dreams are just wishes fulfilled. But it's not as clear as saying he wants to see his mother dead. Often we dream the opposite of what we most want because what we truly want is so abhorrent to ourselves. That's where he got his ideas for repression and unconscious desires.

Of course everyone says Freud is full of it but there are still truths he revealed with his work. Whenever I have really disturbing dreams I try and think what might have precipitated it. The exact imagery matters less than the feelings it evoked. Did something happen to make me feel this way in my dream? Often I have dreams where I'm driving a car and it starts to roll backwards but I can't stop it. I think I often feel like I have no control over the direction I go.

Maybe your out of control bingeing is related to your dream somehow. Maybe there is something inside you so abhorrent you do not want to imagine it so you stuff it down with food and studying but it pops up in your dreams.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast