Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Got a bone to pick...... page 7

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    LOL @ paleo cupcake.

Agree with the original poster, it all becomes a bit silly.
    What's silly is giving a crap about the way anyone else eats. BFD. Honest to god, folks, one if five kids in this country goes to bed hungry and who's the most primal is relevant? Gawd.

I'm more primal 'cuz I don't eat tapioca flour. Oh yea? Well I'm more primal 'cuz I don't eat CAFO meats. Ad nauseum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What's silly is giving a crap about the way anyone else eats. BFD. Honest to god, folks, one if five kids in this country goes to bed hungry and who's the most primal is relevant? Gawd.

I'm more primal 'cuz I don't eat tapioca flour. Oh yea? Well I'm more primal 'cuz I don't eat CAFO meats. Ad nauseum.
    Truth.

Why does anyone care if I bake up a nice cheesecake a couple of times a year... with a NUT crust.
    I used nut crusts even before I became Paleo. Lots of people did.
    It's not like it's a new invention of the paleo movement.

I have autoimmune issues. I'm certainly not going back to wheat because some ass hat on the internet doesn't approve of my crust choice on my Thanksgiving dessert.

Many other traditional desserts and small sweets are very paleo friendly as well. French and coconut macaroons, custards/puddings/flans/etc., grilled/poached fruits with cheese, ice cream/sorbet, pavlovas, souffles, traditional almond cakes(with some slight adjustment), flourless chocolate cake if you are feeling especially decadent... and candies like toffee that are good for crumbling over lots of the things above(presentation and flavor).
    See. Lots of home made deliciousness to be had for special occasions without "faileo" anything.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

Rock on. +1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567