Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got a bone to pick...... page 6

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

beaubutterfly is offline Member
    Sooo...picking that bone touched a nerve ;P

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beaubutterfly View Post
    LOL! Sure it did. We all want to think our way is the way. No big. Do what is best for you. 80/20? 50/50? Ditching wheat and bad oils, and never eating at chain restaurants again is probably going to do most folks a world of good. Adhering like a zealot is often the road to ultimate failure.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Or ultimate success. Maybe you're just not aspie enough.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I can see both sides. Selecting quality nourishment is a self-esteem issue on some level. I deserve vital flora and fauna, not powder and syrup.

At the same time life is too short for monastic self-flagellation--I gotta sample everything at least once.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beaubutterfly View Post
    I don't think it touched a nerve. I think people were very helpfully trying to explain to you that there's more than one way to do this and they were using their own experiences as examples.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    My wife used to snack very often. When we switched to more primal eating, she was still snacking a lot (primal approved nuts, etc). The ONLY way for her to get out of this habit, which she has understood was a symptom of a deeper issue, was to adopt the one-meal-a-day many here have adopted. Because I was not very hungry myself at morning and even less at lunch, I went on the same eating schedule, effortlessly I would say for we were already "fat-adapted".

To the point now: this eating schedule has helped my wife break away from snacking all the time. And I mean: COMPLETELY.
    When we eat our early dinner, we are hungry for real (sometimes not so much) which translates into wanting nutritious stuff : fish, eggs, veggies with a good amount of healthy fat. When we had baked some treats for our kids (flaxseed muffins, almond meal buns, etc), we sometimes end the dinner with one bun or muffin but more often than not, we are so full we don't even feel like indulging in these things.

I am all for cooking various stuff, including baking, but our experience shows that depending eating habits and schedules, you will feel more or less compelled to go for these treats. For us, the one-meal-a-day schedule has been the best move after ditching SAD foods. We feel utterly guilt-free about what we eat, and our mood and energy has been greatly elevated!! I warmly recommend it for people that are already "fat-adapted" (a few months into primal eating) but who would like to ditch older habits (snacking in particular).

Thanks for reading,

James

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Or ultimate success. Maybe you're just not aspie enough.
    Very true on ultimate success.

I think I'm more OCD than Aspie.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    In honor of this thread I had coconut flour pancakes for brunch! Man they were good! I feel satisfied and have no urge to eat a bag of flour. Yay! Still not gonna make this a regular habit but it was a nice treat.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    If a paleo cupcake is not an imitation...
    LOL @ paleo cupcake.

Agree with the original poster, it all becomes a bit silly.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast