Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calorie cycling?

Shop Now
    While I think the alternate day fasting is an awesome protocol on a lot of levels, there's no reason you couldn't modify it for your needs. If you ate 1000 calories one day and 2000 the next, you'd average out at 1500 calories a day, and probably lose the last bit you want to lose. It might take a little time, but you wouldn't make yourself crazy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Hi,
    2350/day= 16450/week. Cycling between 1200 and 3600cal/day and end up around the average 2350...still cycling or over and under eating?

Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Hi,
    2350/day= 16450/week. Cycling between 1200 and 3600cal/day and end up around the average 2350...still cycling or over and under eating?
    are you actually tracking? or guessing? are you eating to hunger or purposefully restricting on low days? are you trying to lose? or maintain?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    are you actually tracking? or guessing? are you eating to hunger or purposefully restricting on low days? are you trying to lose? or maintain?
    I always track by "eye" or how do you say that?so guessing...
    not trying to lose, but maintain.
    It is just this week, I ate around 3600 to feel full on monday, around 1600 on tue, 3000 on wed, 1600 on thu, 3400 on fri and today I aiming at 1200,~ 1600 tomorrow. Only today and tomorrow are planned as a result of the last days.
    This is where appetite took me this week. I wonder what happens why and if this is natural cal cycling.

if you're trying to maintain and only eating to hunger each day, i think you are doing great!

some days are hungry days and some days i don't even think about eating. when your body is healthy, listen to it.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Shop Now
    hope so!