Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is too much? page

zoeamy is offline Member

How much is too much?

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I'm in my first week of primal and I've been finding myself super hungry between meals.

I've been a long time carb addict, althought my partner is gluten intolerant so most of our meals have been at least gluten free.

I'm just wondering about how much quantity of vegetables to eat. Can I just eat plenty and not worry about it or do I need to be concerned about the carb quantity?

Yesterday's food was:

2 poached eggs, smoked salmon, 1/2 cup leftover roast veg (beetroot, pumpkin, carrot)

pumpkin & beetroot & chicken salad

Ratatouille with meat balls, sweet potato & pesto mash

I was pretty hungry in between these meals and snacked on whatever primal-esque foods i could find. Yes, I drink plenty of water.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

zoeamy is offline Member
    ooohhhh...
    I just punched the numbers into myfitnesspal.com and figure I ate less than 1000 calories.... no wonder i was hungry

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Yes... and it seems low in fat, which would mean you'd get hungry a lot quicker.

Try frying your eggs in butter.

Also not sure HOW much chicken and ratatouille you had. But it literally seems you're not eating enough.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    eat more fat and less beets, more leafy greens like cabbage spinach etc and add fat to them too (like nice butter)

eat more!

simple rule, eat til you feel satisfied but not stuffed, when you feel hungry eat again following same rule

you will soon self regulate

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    I agree with everything mentioned above. The only thing that got me through my first few weeks of carb cravings was lots and lots of fat... my advice would be to not worry about calories/grams of fat the first few days. They'll help you get through the adjustment period and then after that, you can worry about how much you should normally take in.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    ...and less beets
    The beets was a random thing, my partner had never eaten them before so i roasted up a batch

Thanks for the advice, and I'm bloody hungry AGAIN now, after having 3 scrambled eggs (with butter!) mushrooms, spinach for breakfast.

Sheesh.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    I agree with everything mentioned above. The only thing that got me through my first few weeks of carb cravings was lots and lots of fat... my advice would be to not worry about calories/grams of fat the first few days. They'll help you get through the adjustment period and then after that, you can worry about how much you should normally take in.
    So, what kinds of fat do you recommend? I'm worried about falling into some sort of too-much-coconut trap. And I'm honestly not a huge huge fan of meat (yike, yes i admitted it)

eat again then! you probably need the nutrition as a 'long time carb addict'

would be interested to hear more of your story and details on goals and stuff if you're willing to share

will help advise you better

zoeamy is offline Member
    Permission to eat!WHOO!! I found some nuts and figured a litre of water couldn't hurt...

Certainly happy to share some stuff.

here?

PrimalCon New York
    sure, or start a journal and post the link in here so we can follow your story

take your time, think about it and share what you want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast