Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is too much? page 2

zoeamy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Righto! Done! I clearly should be studying...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1152213

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    cool, thanks for sharing! keep it updated

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    Yep I got a few suggestions.

If your new to the blueprint, don't try to lose weight yet, until you've settled in.

Use the first few weeks, to rid yourself of the carb addiction and get intouch with your metabolism so you can start trusting each other. You can experiment with your hunger a bit to get your fat burning system well oiled (can do this by extending time between meals here and there, mix it up) but don't go getting into a fight with your hunger, you'll lose lol. When satisfying the first few weeks hunger pangs becareful to not do it with carbs, you are trying to force your body to relearn how to produce it's own glucose (as it probably hasn't done it in a while), If you don't do this you'll have trouble kickin the carb addiction down the line. If your successful at producing your own glucose, you should be able to experiment with carbs with relative impunity down the line.

Once you've spent the first few weeks getting your metabolism back upto speed, then you can hit it with challenges that will force it to recomp your body, examples of this are IF's and calorie deficits. But for a bit more detail on how I did this see the last half of my success story in my sig, Have fun and hope that helps a bit.

Edit: in the first few weeks you can still eat carbs, you are just trying to give your self a little glucose deficit, infact the smaller the better at the start of the diet.
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 04-07-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

zoeamy is offline Member
    Hey, i just read your article. I'm in QLD too! Yay for sun!

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeamy View Post
    So, what kinds of fat do you recommend? I'm worried about falling into some sort of too-much-coconut trap. And I'm honestly not a huge huge fan of meat (yike, yes i admitted it)
    I ate whole avocados, lots of olives, drizzled everything with olive oil after cooking, and threw a few eggs on top of whatever I made for dinner... I can confirm that eggs pretty much make anything taste better

feren6 is offline Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm in my first week of primal and I've been finding myself super hungry between meals.

I've been a long time carb addict, althought my partner is gluten intolerant so most of our meals have been at least gluten free.

I'm just wondering about how much quantity of vegetables to eat. Can I just eat plenty and not worry about it or do I need to be concerned about the carb quantity?

Yesterday's food was:

2 poached eggs, smoked salmon, 1/2 cup leftover roast veg (beetroot, pumpkin, carrot)

pumpkin & beetroot & chicken salad

Ratatouille with meat balls, sweet potato & pesto mash

I was pretty hungry in between these meals and snacked on whatever primal-esque foods i could find. Yes, I drink plenty of water.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Since you've upped your fat intake and are still hungry, I suggest that you add a sweet potato into your diet with one of your meals. I always had this craving when I started that even when I was completely full I still felt hungry. Added in a sweet potato with a little grass-fed butter and cinnamon on top and no more hunger. Plus it's delicious

zoeamy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feren6 View Post
    Since you've upped your fat intake and are still hungry, I suggest that you add a sweet potato into your diet with one of your meals. I always had this craving when I started that even when I was completely full I still felt hungry. Added in a sweet potato with a little grass-fed butter and cinnamon on top and no more hunger. Plus it's delicious

You've hit the nail on the head, I have this hunger feeling even though I *know* I'm not hungry, like... I've had a full bowl of veggies and I'm full... but still feel that craving. Very frustrating.

I'll give your suggestion a try. It seems to settle in the afternoons so that is one good thing i suppose!

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    You've hit the nail on the head, I have this hunger feeling even though I *know* I'm not hungry, like... I've had a full bowl of veggies and I'm full... but still feel that craving. Very frustrating.
    Feeling full is not the same as satiated... When I'm not satiated, I will search/crave more food even though my stomach is full.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick thought: if you only started eating REAL foods for the first time (as opposed to SAD minus the gluten), then I would think it is your body telling MORE of the real stuff please!! It will eventually settle down as you become fat-adapted for daily energy expenditure but it takes a while (a few weeks). Until then, continue to eat real foods and slowly decrease your reliance on starches (eliminate sugar and grain completely if you can but maybe you are one that must do this progressively), and most of all, do not pay attention to calories from fat and protein. As you are adapted to real primal foods, you can tweak it according to you needs. Experience episodes of REAL hunger once in while to understand the benefits of intermittent fasting. Once you are there (personally, my wife and I have been at it for 7 months or so) you will naturally fast intermittently. Now we eat one meal a day at home, not caring about the amount of calories, etc, and only real foods. We eat until we feel full and well. But be patient

Wal67ter is offline Junior Member
    eaten them before so i roasted up a batch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12