Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Egg sensitivity experiment page 4

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    You're killin me! I bought a dozen eggs and I am eyeballing them like nobody's business! Paleobird posted a recipe for some savory egg muffins and I almost caved. I need to try with just the yolks first, anyway.

So far, your trial is looking pretty encouraging - any potential issues at all?
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have had zero reaction to the yolks. The only issues are logistical: it takes longer to separate the eggs, and there are more egg whites leftover than my boyfriend can eat.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have had zero reaction to the yolks. The only issues are logistical: it takes longer to separate the eggs, and there are more egg whites leftover than my boyfriend can eat.
    That reminds me - are you using some special method to separate them? I've seen it mentioned that there are tricks to assure that there isn't any trace of the whites on them. I've just never read anything on the tricks themselves.

Also, is your boyfriend having any gut issues with all of those whites?
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

I have several bowls set up. I break each egg carefully into a glass bowl so as not to break the yolk. I then fish out the yolk with my hand and maneuver it from my right hand to the left so as to let the white drop back down. I then carefully pinch off the white umbilicus so as to remove it while not putting a hole in the yolk. The yolks go in one container, the whites in another.

No reaction.

Brunch salad:

The experiment is over. From now on I will eat as many egg yolks as I wish and discard the whites if I have no immediate use for them.

I have a couple of containers of them in the refrigerator. I fried some up in butter with some salt and gave them to the cats. They turned up their noses at it.

These cats are pretty tolerant beggars and thieves. The favorite food of one of the ones who refused is "used cat vomit".

If these guys won't eat it, maybe it shouldn't be eaten.

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for this great experiment! I've noticed it just a few seconds before and I have to state that I had same issues connected with eating eggs. Since I was a little kid (like 3 y.o.) I never liked whites. I always gave them to our dog and ate yolks. After eating whites I had some digestive problems and strange noises coming from my tummy. Also I didn't feel comfortable - like something moving through my bowel...

Now I've got things clear Thank you once again!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    How are you cooking the yolks? The ones in the salad look like boiled egg yolks.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's what I do now. When I want hard-boiled egg yolks, I boil eggs, peel them, strip off the whites, and feed them to the cats. If the cats aren't in the mood, I throw them away.

I may omeletize the egg yolks by adding 1 tablespoon of water per two egg yolks, then cooking in a little butter in a non-stick pan. 4 would be a serving for me if I am having meat, too, 6 if I'm not.

I sometimes fry them over easy in butter in a tiny round nonstick pan.

I am still able to eat one egg white a day on average. So if I haven't eaten any eggs for a while, I might have 2 eggs, and I would be fine.

Egg yolks aren't as versatile as whole eggs. There aren't as many different ways they can be cooked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234