Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please....Need to lower triglycerides and having trouble losing weight page

Nibby1010 is offline Junior Member

Help please....Need to lower triglycerides and having trouble losing weight

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating Primal mostly for several months and I'm having trouble. I'm a female in my mid 60's with very high triglycerides. I'm hoping that being stricter with this Way of eating will solve this problem! If you've had success lowering your triglycerides, or have suggestions for me I'd really appreciate it. I don't consume sugar, dairy or wheat/gluten. I have 30-40 lbs to lose, and a class reunion in June. Thanks!!!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Are you losing weight? If so, stick with what you are doing. If not, try intermittent fasting. Forget the triglyceride issue until after you have been at your goal weight for a few months.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Get moving, especially exercise following a fast of at least 12 hours but ideally 16 as this will help burn fat

keep those carbs way down for a while and add fat to everything you eat to keep blood sugar stable

walk,cycle, row, rebound lots! triglycerides will come down as you lose weight, get moving steadily and increase the volume

got a dog? get out and walk its ass off morning noon and night

let us know how you go

Thanks, Katherine.....I only lost 4 obs and now have stopped losing. I will look at intermittent fasting and see of that helps. I am an apple shape, typical of those with high Cholesterol and high triglycerides. Getting pressure from my Dr. to go on a prescription and I keep resisting so I HAVE to make this work!

GREAT suggestions, Katsuhiko! I knew exercise was key, but I also know I haven't been doing enough. I have been cleared by my Physical Therapist to walk tons, and thanks for the info about the rebounder.....I HAVE ONE!

I AM a PT by training!

rebounding is awesome and will burn loads

a nice trick if you are not in ketosis is to eat fat only for 2 or 3 days (heavy cream, eggs with lots of butter etc) as this should deplete any carb stores and get you going

do not forget to drink enough water, green tea can help by too

Katsuhiko,

I a grateful for your suggestions and support! Good tips on getting back into ketosis....i will try that. Since you are a PT you know that left back and shoulder injury (from car accident) shouldn't be bothered by walking and rebounding! I'm so excited that you reminded me of the effectiveness of the rebounder. Thank you too, for the reminders, too, on water and green tea. I have cut my coffee consumption that last month down to 1-2 cups a day. (but it's strong). I guess, for now, I have to give up the wine and/or tequila, right?

I would advise cutting all alcohol if you are serious about making your GW and lowering triglycerides

I personally do not see coffee as an issue as long as you don't add sugar or sweetener - add whipped cream if you must

but green tea will support fat burning especially during IF days and walking, rebounding

it's my pleasure o help in any way as helping people improve their health is both my profession and my passion

OK, then I have cut out the alcohol I want to see how much weight I can lose THE HEALTHY WAY by June 7th and have a healthy lipid test! Then continue to maintain for life!

I think I was just missing the support, and now I have it, thankfully! Do you have a favorite type of Green tea, or do you do the drops? Also, what are "IF days"? I should know, but I don't!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I buy green tea (or extract, just as good ) and ginseng online, you only need tiny doses really

I add one drop of peppermint oil from time to time, it is really a strong stimulant so be careful

Buy Matcha Hikari (Green Tea Powder) online and in London
    Green Tea | Green Tea Extract Powder | Green Tea for Weight Loss
    The Greatest Ginseng on Earth!

I would say you can have a glass of wine for sure in the future when you are all functioning properly, just committing now will help reach that state more rapidly

IF = intermittent fasting, which you should read up on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast