Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help please....Need to lower triglycerides and having trouble losing weight page 3

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you can create folders within folders too

so you could have a Primal Folder, inside which there are folders for 'research articles', 'online suppliers', 'fitness', 'recipes' and any other category, the you might have other top level folders with categories inside

yes make sure they are not fed grains of course but that wild meat is the best - here I get wild game birds, rabbits and venison from the Elveden Forest just down the road (they are culling the wild deer because they have over populated and are destroying the trees). So eat plenty of that Elk. Great source indeed

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    According to Dayspring (an expert on lipids) the most effective way to lower triglycerides is a low carb diet. By low carb I mean starting at 20 gm/day for a couple of weeks, then gradually adding in a few until weight loss stops. It's the classic Atkins approach, updated. Worked for me, cut mine in HALF in a few weeks. There's a lot of unnecessary worry about very low carb diets out there; they are the most effective for weight loss according to the A to Z trial in 2007 and also had the best results on blood chemistries.
    10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
    Now: low 150's, 33" waist
    Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    yes I agree and as I've been saying, keep those carbs right down and even do no carbs for a few days if you need to get in ketosis, then keep it low whilst trying to lose weight and lower triglycerides

Nibby1010 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you.......that's how I am eating, now and am down 4 lbs. I will keep you posted.....thanks for the help!

Thanks, Katsu......I'm felling better, and looking for more sources of grass fed. Even my local Safeway now carries grass fed ground beef!

That's what I am doing and it weems to be working, because I'm down 4 lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123