Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little primal gem & 100 lbs in 4 months page 2

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congratulations... I can't wait to see the difference! (C'mon forum gods!)

ETA: WOW! You both look awesome!
    Last edited by upupandaway; 04-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Seriously. 4 days.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Send me the pictures. I'll host them for you.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for approving the pics, namelesswonder

You are definitely a pb success story! I have to go back and reread your original post again. I think I remember that you played with your calories so as not to trigger starvation mode metabolism. It's really good to find what works for you.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    *I would eat when hungry until full unless......
    *Once a week or a few times a month I would do a binge and eat alot more than usual.
    *Once a week or a few times a month I would do a decent fast (18+ hours)
    *Once a week I would skip each meal, breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
    *Once a week or a few times a month I would have a carb day, where I ate mostly primal carbs
    *Once a week or a few times a month I would have a protein/fat day, where I ate mostly fresh (cooked) meat.
    *Once a week I would graze all day. Once a week I would have 2 big meals only.
    I really like the randomness of your approach. Having been around here a while I have tried various "plans", the 18/6, the fast 5, the warrior diet, the alternate day thing, carb cycling, calorie cycling, ad infinitum.

Any time I am on a fixed plan it feels forced. I think your approach is much closer to what Grok's life would have been like. One day a big patch of berries, the next a big game kill, the next a hungry day picking over the bones for scraps.

These days I end up eating mostly once a day but not because I am "on a plan", just because I only tend to get hungry once a day.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    What a great overview of your journey, thanks! I really like the way you altered your eating patterns, excellent idea and one that I will add to my approach. Congratulations!

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Way to go. Your transformation and system is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Keeps me going and inspired.

andi is offline Member
    Wow, amazing job!

jpartie is offline Junior Member
    Great simple post.
    You should publish it as a book, but then it would be only 3 pages long:-)
    I've been searching for a simple way to eat primal for so long and can't thank you enough for condensing all the great books (MDA) included, posts blogs etc etc, into 3 simple pages!!!!
    I have read your post a dozen times and have been doing as you suggested and the weight is falling off.
    So thanks again

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the positivity, I am really glad I shared this now (when I wrote it, I was kind of expecting a forum warrior to come in and start trying to shoot the post down).

jpartie I'm really glad that this method has helped you. I had a quick look at your profile and you've been lurking these forums for over 2 years and now your finally finding some success with the help of my plan, wow, I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks hehe. I wouldn't mind hearing more about what parts of the plan you are using and how much weight you've lost and the time frame you've lost it in.
    If we start to find MDA readers getting similar results as I got, we could really be onto something. Anyway the only other post I have created on MDA discusses the same content (it was an earlier post than this one (it actually helped me clarify success story post), it can be found here, if you want to read my earlier ramblings on the subject:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82260.html
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast