Thread: Food Cholesterol type? page

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member

Question Food Cholesterol type?

Shop Now
    Does the cholesterol that occurs naturally in foods have a specific type? i.e. LDL vs. HDL

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Nah dude. LDL and HDL aren't even technically cholesterol anyway. LDL stands for Low Density Lipoprotein and HDL stands for High Density Lipoprotein. LDL, the supposed "bad" cholesterol, is responsible for transporting cholesterol from the liver (where it is manufactured) to the bloodstream. HDL transports cholesterol from the blood back to the liver so it can be recycled.

Slight tangent, I'm sure plenty here felt in their gut that all the pills pushed by big pharma just couldn't be good for us. Didn't it blow your mind when you learned that cholesterol is the precursor to a whole host of important hormones. I was floored when I learned that cholesterol is the basic building block for testosterone and serotonin. No wonder two side effects of statins are impotence and depression. There's no great mystery here. But there's plenty of deception and misunderstanding.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    yep, roach just about covered it. cholesterol is a lipid alcohol, and LDL n HDL etc are transport proteins.
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Ajcurly is offline Junior Member
    The horrible thing is I can't get my dad to believe this. I have sent him e-mails and printed documentation about the truth of cholesterol. He's so freaking hard headed but so am I!