Thread: Argument with a keep fit fanatic..... page

marcusp is offline Member

Argument with a keep fit fanatic.....

Hey guys

I was talking to a mate of mine who lifts weights but eats clean...

I told him im going primal

He said I must eat 6 times a day, and eat my carbs or my breath will stink

what do you guys say to him??

Im on day 4 currently eating twice a day eating just meat, mixed veg, eggs and a little fruit

Starting weight 13 stone 5lb

Today weight 13 stone 1lb

plusI swear my waist is trimmer

cheers

marcus

peril is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't bother. Wait for 12 months then have the conversation. Your breath will only stink in ketosis.

Or you could point him to the leangains website
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    hi marcus,

I had a dentist's appointment earlier in the year after being very low carb and wheat-free for a few months, but before I cut the dairy to go more properly paleo. The hygienist and dentist told me my teeth and gums were much better than the last time they saw me and were quite interested in what I had to say about going wheat-free and low carb. Not a word about my breath! In fact both hygienist and assistant seemed to be considering it themselves.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusp View Post
    He said I must eat 6 times a day, and eat my carbs or my breath will stink
    What you must do is exactly what works for you. If he wants to eat six times a day and chow all the carbs he can to keep himself out of ketosis, he can have at 'er.

Sounds to me like you have something very workable for you figured out, so stick with it.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I recently had a conversation with an eat-six-times-a-day person who gasped and clutched her pearls when I said that skipping breakfast was an option.

"oh no! you MUST eat breakfast! You MUST kickstart your metabolism, because your body has used up all its stores by then!"

I just shrugged and said, I let my body tell me by being hungrythat it's used up all its stores and its time to refuel. And that's around 11am most days.

"But you have to eat 6 meals a day!"

There's this thing called Intermittent Fasting. You should google it.

"Well I lost 30lb when I started eating breakfast!"

No, you lost 30lb when you started running 10K every day. Its just coincidence that you started eating breakfast at the same time. You stop running, you'll gain it back. I, on the other hand, lost 30lb and never lifted my lazy ass off the couch, so I'm a step a head of you.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    hi marcus,

I had a dentist's appointment earlier in the year after being very low carb and wheat-free for a few months, but before I cut the dairy to go more properly paleo. The hygienist and dentist told me my teeth and gums were much better than the last time they saw me and were quite interested in what I had to say about going wheat-free and low carb. Not a word about my breath! In fact both hygienist and assistant seemed to be considering it themselves.
    The exact same thing happened to me when I gave up gluten.