I started following Primal diet three weeks back and felt better. Discovered Mark's link to Dr. Bernetsein's Diabetic Solution, which made the eating regime (only three times a day, no snacks) & diet ever tougher (no fruits, avoid dairy) but resulted in much better sugar levels than I have had in past 6 years.

My problem is - being underweight. I ought to be at 140 lb. When I started the diet I was at 128 lb. After three weeks I am now at 123 lb. So yeah...I am losing weight continuously :-(

I am trying to eat more fat, more proteins than I normally do; stick to low slow-acting carbs and high fat + proteins. But what - do I need to eat much more to gain weight?

Here's another challenge for me being Type 1 courtesy the recommendation by Bernstein, which has improved my sugar levels:
Meals in a day: Three (avoid snacking)
Carbs in a day: 30g (6-12-12)

Eating more - proteins, would increase my insulin in-take, even if in low margins, and I wonder if that's the way to go.

So...let me know what you guys think in regards to my limitations of no. of times that I can eat in a day and the carb level.

Thanks...