Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Thanks for posting that video, I passed it on to some friends.
    right on, thanks
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    That's true too.

I liked the movie The Corporation. Giving those make-believe entities the rights and powers they currently have was insane, most of the USA's problems stem from that. If you dial that back and make the corporations answerable to the people, then the government has to do less, and everything works a lot better.

I agree government and corporate power end up becoming very linked. The corporations have a hell of a lot more say than "the people", people don't have say in shit. But that's why I moved.
    Democracy is a myth. The only thing you have a say in is what you buy with the money you don't have to feed the higher ups hidden agendas.

This video was a real eye opener for me, and worth a watch for everyone, though it's quite graphic, so I'm warning now.

PROPAGANDA | FULL ENGLISH VERSION (2012) - YouTube
    nihil

homunculus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Democracy is a myth. The only thing you have a say in is what you buy with the money you don't have to feed the higher ups hidden agendas.

This video was a real eye opener for me, and worth a watch for everyone, though it's quite graphic, so I'm warning now.

PROPAGANDA | FULL ENGLISH VERSION (2012) - YouTube
    if only we could get more people to watch things like this... too bad most people get annoyed, change the topic and tell me to "stop thinking so much".
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Aren't we verging into tinfoil hat territory here, folks? Some nagging part of my mind says "Were this the truth, there wouldn't be videos on YouTube about it."

M.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I love the idea of anarcho-capitalism. It means taking responsibility for one's own actions. It means not being forced to share in anything. It means being a truely free [wo]man, for better or worse.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    The biggest, broadest function of government is the protection of private property. That's what gives you "big government". Ergo, anarcho-capitalism is a contradiction, a conceptual train-wreck. It is simply a wet dream of the ruling class -- a state that protects their priviledges and does little else.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    I agree government and corporate power end up becoming very linked. The corporations have a hell of a lot more say than "the people", people don't have say in shit. But that's why I moved.
    Right. The idea that left vs. right equals government vs business was always a bit of a cunard. It has always been the people vs. elites. The elites use both to further their reach. The idea that curbing democratic controls will result in freedom is a bogus. It simply cedes power to wealthy corporations that will read your emails, poison your rivers and enslave your time.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Right. The idea that left vs. right equals government vs business was always a bit of a cunard. It has always been the people vs. elites. The elites use both to further their reach. The idea that curbing democratic controls will result in freedom is a bogus. It simply cedes power to wealthy corporations that will read your emails, poison your rivers and enslave your time.
    Good comment. Personally I don't have patience for the babbling in style: "Anarchy is sooooooooooooooooooooo good. Let's have anarchy."

peppermint is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Aren't we verging into tinfoil hat territory here, folks? Some nagging part of my mind says "Were this the truth, there wouldn't be videos on YouTube about it."

M.
    Alternative nutrition was my white rabbit. Why do they still say rancid PUFAs, being vegan and gmo high yield dwarf wheat are good for you? At some point in learning and experimenting with nutrition I decided that this can't just be ignorance. This is on purpose. And that led me to seeing the corruption and government meddling in pretty much all big industries, food, medicine, the media, education, banking, just about everything. Paying attention to this past election, all the republican primaries and caucuses, and then what happened at the RNC? Forget about it. Mitt Romney had no true support, was an Obama clone, and was set up to fail from the beginning. Democracy is dead, and even if it was real, it's just two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.

With the Youtube videos, no one is all-powerful, and even if they were, wouldn't the removal of subversive videos kind of confirm that they are true?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
    And that led me to seeing the corruption and government meddling in pretty much all big industries, food, medicine, the media, education, banking, just about everything.
    Or......the other way around?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast