Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 138

Thread: Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us page 3

  1. #21
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think statism is what's keeping people from being united, and truly empathetic. It's human nature to be social creatures, but when you're segregated by social status, it's difficult to be social creatures.

    This is when hate crime happens.
    Absolutely - what keeps people divided is that the majority want what the minority have: power, money, fame, beauty. Which is why I think that people at "the top" have to abdicate.

    For as long as people with power hold on to it, people without power are going to want it. But if one constantly hungers for something out of their reach, there isn't much room left for growth and development. And yet development is necessary for the things that are really valuable: Love, kindness, honesty, compassion. We can all recognise that these are worthy qualities, but no one is taught to strive for those things. We're taught to strive for power, money, fame and beauty.

    If the people at the top implement a new value system, that's the fastest way it has to travel. Otherwise, it has to come from each individual.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  2. #22
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    The two marginally libertarian presidents we have had did great things for that. Jefferson, specifically.

    "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question." --Thomas Jefferson: 1st Inaugural, 1801. ME 3:320
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  3. #23
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Absolutely - what keeps people divided is that the majority want what the minority have: power, money, fame, beauty. Which is why I think that people at "the top" have to abdicate.

    For as long as people with power hold on to it, people without power are going to want it. But if one constantly hungers for something out of their reach, there isn't much room left for growth and development. And yet development is necessary for the things that are really valuable: Love, kindness, honesty, compassion. We can all recognise that these are worthy qualities, but no one is taught to strive for those things. We're taught to strive for power, money, fame and beauty.

    If the people at the top implement a new value system, that's the fastest way it has to travel. Otherwise, it has to come from each individual.
    People need to value their own health and happiness over money before anything can change. When your entire life revolves around the next pay check, you have very little time to think about such things. Being wrapped up in possessions is also a huge drain on your mind and spirit.

    Also there is no one at the top currently who is interested in change. It still blows my mind that some people would rather see the world burn then give up a bit of their wealth.

  4. #24
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    People need to value their own health and happiness over money before anything can change. When your entire life revolves around the next pay check, you have very little time to think about such things. Being wrapped up in possessions is also a huge drain on your mind and spirit.

    Also there is no one at the top currently who is interested in change. It still blows my mind that some people would rather see the world burn then give up a bit of their wealth.
    I agree. My point is that we're being brainwashed to value the wrong things. I know we're all responsible, but the messages of the media and the education system are very powerful, and we're being indoctrinated to believe that we need certain things to make us happy.

    I'm not a conspiracy theorist: I don't believe it's even conscious. It's the way things have devolved as a result of fear cultures.

    And yeah, leaders who talk about the kinds of things we're talking about generally get assassinated.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #25
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I agree. My point is that we're being brainwashed to value the wrong things. I know we're all responsible, but the messages of the media and the education system are very powerful, and we're being indoctrinated to believe that we need certain things to make us happy.

    I'm not a conspiracy theorist: I don't believe it's even conscious. It's the way things have devolved as a result of fear cultures.

    And yeah, leaders who talk about the kinds of things we're talking about generally get assassinated.
    I agree. That why i think it might be hopeless. I still want to believe though!

  6. #26
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I agree. That why i think it might be hopeless. I still want to believe though!
    It's not hopeless - we can change ourselves
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #27
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's not hopeless - we can change ourselves
    I mean in the bigger picture sense. The planet is too far gone, inefficient and deadly energies are needed, overpopulation, that sort of stuff. Even if there was a revolution, some big changes that a lot of people wouldnt like would have to be made.

  8. #28
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    My dream is to occupy a small bit of land far off the grid and using untaxed monetary income e.g. bitcoins
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  9. #29
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    My dream is to occupy a small bit of land far off the grid and using untaxed monetary income e.g. bitcoins
    What will electronic currency do for you if you dont have a mail man?

  10. #30
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    I'll have to go pick up the mail
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •