Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us page 12

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I have already begun out of necessity. I still have plenty to get rid of though.
    That's the easy part. The hard part is not acquiring it.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Since our household income was cut in half it is fairly simple to stop acquiring new things. Now to get rid of the un-used old things.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Not buying stuff is hard?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yip. I came back from six months backpacking with next to nothing, and then people kept giving me things!!! And then I had to buy furniture. Before you know it...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Anna5.... Please go away. No one cares if you're here. No one cares if you comment. You've done a bang up job of making a complete ass of yourself. No one cares about your ridiculous, worthless degree. No one cares of your heritage. Maybe I WOULD have cared if you weren't such a disgusting bigot.
    Big thumbs up here.
    And if there was no state to stop them, the decent people (who would no doubt outnumber the losers) would deal with the losers. An enlightened society isn't really the goal of anarchy, there is no goal with anarchy. The result of anarchy though is absolute freedom, for better or for worse. I would rather err on the side of too much freedom than too much regulation.
    and here too.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Erm... I think people can organize themselves, but only on a very small scale. When we get into something as big as a country, efficient and truly representative government becomes impossible. *shrugs* C'est la vie.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Erm... I think people can organize themselves, but only on a very small scale. When we get into something as big as a country, efficient and truly representative government becomes impossible. *shrugs* C'est la vie.
    I agree with this. I suppose that is why I think about a post apocalyptic world in a sort of romantic way. Survival of the fittest is as fair as nature gets. Grok would kick ass in a world where he alone was responsible for his own well-being. I want to be like Grok.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ sometimes I feel the same way. Just living to live. Of course, it won't be all mushy gushy romantic. But I do day dream about not having to work off farm and literally being sustained here %100. I have a ways to go, but I think I can get there someday.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

cali798 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Cali, babbling about the goodness of anarchy is illiterate babbling. But I am ready for anarchy - I do have long and sharp kitchen knives.
    Anna I was trying to be funny! As in....anarchy cannot be good....we have way to many examples of how awful it is. The concept seems great for people who are kind hearted but the reality is another story.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cali798 View Post
    Anna I was trying to be funny! As in....anarchy cannot be good....we have way to many examples of how awful it is. The concept seems great for people who are kind hearted but the reality is another story.
    You have examples of anarchy in developed countries?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast