Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us page 11

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    OK, I came back, looked at the last several comments, saw the predictable names: Derb..., Yoga, Kenn and decided to do what Rojo did. It is too ugly to stay.
    Still trolling I see
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    How so?
    People that work for what they have tend not to riot and pillage as much as those that are used to having everything provided for them. That is what I meant. Without the nanny state there would be a lot less of those types of people around.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    People that work for what they have tend not to riot and pillage as much as those that are used to having everything provided for them. That is what I meant. Without the nanny state there would be a lot less of those types of people around.
    Eh, there would still probably be a good amount of them. They would just band together. I honestly dont see an enlightened society being possible without some divine intervention. Lots of people are just born bad or inherit it from their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Eh, there would still probably be a good amount of them. They would just band together. I honestly dont see an enlightened society being possible without some divine intervention. Lots of people are just born bad or inherit it from their parents.
    And if there was no state to stop them, the decent people (who would no doubt outnumber the losers) would deal with the losers. An enlightened society isn't really the goal of anarchy, there is no goal with anarchy. The result of anarchy though is absolute freedom, for better or for worse. I would rather err on the side of too much freedom than too much regulation.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Remember, Yoga, how this country came to be. I agree with you, there is a risk that the replacement could be worse. But, we have to stand up for ourselves at SOME point (which I believe to be now.) Look at what they're doing to our food system! Transportation, work force. This country is just fucked due to what this "government" has done starting WAYYY back in the day. Not just in the last 10 years.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" is something I live by. I want to see changes in the food system. What do I do with my life? Grow and raise food not only for my family but for other families as well. I want folks to understand why the right to owning firearms is so important, so I speak about it. Etc etc etc.

We cannot just talk about it. You have to do it. We have to stand up for ourselves in any way we can. I practice civil disobedience every single day. Could I go to prison for what I do? Oh yes. Am I afraid? I'm not anymore. Do not fear them. That is how we become slaves.

Essentially, I agree with what you're saying. I just want people to be more proactive about it if they see what is going on. You can do something in your own way.

Anna5.... Please go away. No one cares if you're here. No one cares if you comment. You've done a bang up job of making a complete ass of yourself. No one cares about your ridiculous, worthless degree. No one cares of your heritage. Maybe I WOULD have cared if you weren't such a disgusting bigot.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Remember, Yoga, how this country came to be. I agree with you, there is a risk that the replacement could be worse. But, we have to stand up for ourselves at SOME point (which I believe to be now.) Look at what they're doing to our food system! Transportation, work force. This country is just fucked due to what this "government" has done starting WAYYY back in the day. Not just in the last 10 years.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" is something I live by. I want to see changes in the food system. What do I do with my life? Grow and raise food not only for my family but for other families as well. I want folks to understand why the right to owning firearms is so important, so I speak about it. Etc etc etc.

We cannot just talk about it. You have to do it. We have to stand up for ourselves in any way we can. I practice civil disobedience every single day. Could I go to prison for what I do? Oh yes. Am I afraid? I'm not anymore. Do not fear them. That is how we become slaves.

Essentially, I agree with what you're saying. I just want people to be more proactive about it if they see what is going on. You can do something in your own way.
    Actually, imo what you're talking about here is bloodless revolution People need to take power back from the corporations, and the only way to do that is self sufficiency. If more people were producing goods and local people were prepared to buy them, then it would work.

Problem is that people would have to downsize and that's not our culture's protocol. We're brainwashed to believe we need stuff to make us happy.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Problem is that people would have to downsize and that's not our culture's protocol. We're brainwashed to believe we need stuff to make us happy.
    I was discussing this very thing with my wife yesterday. We were looking for a place to rent when our current lease is up and we came across a 1 bed 1 bath house. I asked her "Do you think we should just sell everything and move into that house? What do we really NEED anyway?"

It is a somewhat scary thing to think about though. What about all my stuff?!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh Yoga, honey, I do not WANT bloodshed. But, I do think it is inevitable. I wish it could change peacefully. I wish we could regain our freedoms, but I just don't see it happening. I am trying to make the greatest impact I can right now. For my family and the people in my community. I also agree- self sufficiency is KEY. If you don't need the grocery store, public transit, employment or the electric company, what can they do to you?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I was discussing this very thing with my wife yesterday. We were looking for a place to rent when our current lease is up and we came across a 1 bed 1 bath house. I asked her "Do you think we should just sell everything and move into that house? What do we really NEED anyway?"

It is a somewhat scary thing to think about though. What about all my stuff?!
    Start getting rid of stuff. Its insanely liberating.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Start getting rid of stuff. Its insanely liberating.
    I have already begun out of necessity. I still have plenty to get rid of though.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast