Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anarchy and why Statism is the worst thing to ever happen to us page 10

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    And in Iowa City, the same type of natural disaster resulted cooperation, civility, and human kindness in the same anarchistic environment.
    Yup. I was there. I second that.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cali798 View Post
    We have beautiful examples when there is no government and anarchy rises. It was called Hurricane Katrina...in New Orleans. Not sure if I would want to live in a world like that. People stealing from others (pillage), rape, murder to name a few....not just in New Orleans but many countries in Africa have no working government or police...it is horrible conditions. I am not trying to be confrontational but I don't understand how anarchy is great when we have examples of it not. I would love if everyone felt the way I did...I think anarchy would work...but there are a lot of really bad people and people who support them..then the people are ruled once again this time by another horrible person....
    In a free land, these types of people would get no aid, because they wouldn't earn it. They wouldn't survive, but it'd be their right to act as they please. Those truly enlightened would have no problems adjusting and be as they're meant to be. This is why ancap society needs to be a gradual persuasion, because a controlled, brainwashed public that is used to relying on the government for all aid tend to act this way. They're like a domesticated animal that has been used to a hand feeding them, without it, they panic.

Pigs released in the wild eventually become fierce boars though.

If you can look around at all the fattened, weakened, pacified, hormonally manipulated herd of cattle, and still claim that statism is good for society, then I don't know what to say.

http://i.imgur.com/ye4Pz49.jpg
    nihil

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cali798 View Post
    We have beautiful examples when there is no government and anarchy rises. It was called Hurricane Katrina...in New Orleans. Not sure if I would want to live in a world like that. People stealing from others (pillage), rape, murder to name a few....not just in New Orleans but many countries in Africa have no working government or police...it is horrible conditions. I am not trying to be confrontational but I don't understand how anarchy is great when we have examples of it not. I would love if everyone felt the way I did...I think anarchy would work...but there are a lot of really bad people and people who support them..then the people are ruled once again this time by another horrible person....
    Society would never have evolved if humanity is doomed to barbarism without the government there to tame us. The state has created the very demographic that you site as illustrating the horrible truth of anarchy.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Society would never have evolved if humanity is doomed to barbarism without the government there to tame us. The state has created the very demographic that you site as illustrating the horrible truth of anarchy.
    How so?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Personally, what ya'll are calling anarchy, I call freedom. I believe that SMALL governments on the state level are a good thing. Don't like the government in your state? Move. Federal government of today is the real baddie here. It disgusts me what they get away with, and what the people LET them get away with. I wish more folks would open their eyes. I wish folks would stop mindlessly voting the party line and electing these greed hungry lunatics in Washington.

I can only be so lucky I live in the sticks and have the ability to provide for my self and family %100. Ya'll in the cities? Ya'lls screwed if it gets bad. I suggest you move. Like... yesterday.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Personally, what ya'll are calling anarchy, I call freedom. I believe that SMALL governments on the state level are a good thing. Don't like the government in your state? Move. Federal government of today is the real baddie here. It disgusts me what they get away with, and what the people LET them get away with. I wish more folks would open their eyes. I wish folks would stop mindlessly voting the party line and electing these greed hungry lunatics in Washington.

I can only be so lucky I live in the sticks and have the ability to provide for my self and family %100. Ya'll in the cities? Ya'lls screwed if it gets bad. I suggest you move. Like... yesterday.
    Only when people are ready to lay down their own lives to get justice for future generations will anything change. Look at the 99% movement. Probably the biggest attempt at revolution the United States has seen in a long time and it was suppressed and beaten down to nothing. Many people see the injustice of the government but without the sheer selflessness that it takes, nothing can be done.

People are lazy and cowards, no wonder most are just fine with the status quo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Only when people are ready to lay down their own lives to get justice for future generations will anything change. Look at the 99% movement. Probably the biggest attempt at revolution the United States has seen in a long time and it was suppressed and beaten down to nothing. Many people see the injustice of the government but without the sheer selflessness that it takes, nothing can be done.

People are lazy and cowards, no wonder most are just fine with the status quo.
    "Fighting for peace" is the biggest paradox there is. I just don't believe you can create a better world when you start with bloodshed.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Ugh. The 99% movement was a joke. A bunch of people in all the big cities around the country protesting....? They all had different reasons. there was so leader, they really didnt have a cuase and it turned into the "cool" thing to do.

What people need to understand is... Just because they say it's the law... Doesnt make it the law. there is only one law in this land. The guidelines spelled out in it are fair, just and equal. That is my only law. Whats YOUR law?

Unfortunately, Yogabare, I don't think we will see a change in this country without bloodshed. I personally believe it will come down to goverment/military against the citizens. Sounds disgusting, right? Well, Germans were completely clueless to the nazi take over. It was just "politcis." Then, suddenly, the man that saved them from themselves turned out to be an evil dictator. Of course, no one saw it coming because it happened so slowly. Well, look around... Don't be a german.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post

Unfortunately, Yogabare, I don't think we will see a change in this country without bloodshed. I personally believe it will come down to goverment/military against the citizens. Sounds disgusting, right? Well, Germans were completely clueless to the nazi take over. It was just "politcis." Then, suddenly, the man that saved them from themselves turned out to be an evil dictator. Of course, no one saw it coming because it happened so slowly. Well, look around... Don't be a german.
    Think of all the times there's been revolutions and the powers that be are just replaced by more powers that be.

Many of these big political movements started out with ideals. But ideals can only become reality if the people implementing can live up to them. Most people tend to take the moral highground and just blame others. Seeing a splinter in other people's eyes and not seeing a beam in their own etc. For as long as that happens we'll never replace anything with anything better.

Hence I go with Gandi's "BE the change you wish to see in the world". Trying to change others is an exercise in futility.

Edit to note: A lot of times, people's impulse to fight something (whether it's another person / another race / a government) is just a displaced attempt at fighting something within themselves. Homophobia is an example of that.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-11-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, I came back, looked at the last several comments, saw the predictable names: Derb..., Yoga, Kenn and decided to do what Rojo did. It is too ugly to stay.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast