Thread: HI! I'm SCD girl! page

SCDgirl is offline Junior Member

HI! I'm SCD girl!

Primal Fuel
    hello!
    the reason for my name and why I am here is I follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for health reasons (dont shudder at the Carbohydrate, focus on the Specific!)
    its very similar to PB, its meats, veg (no potatoes/sweet ones) one fruit a day at first, nuts, homemade yogurt, we also have hard cheeses. The only OK sweetner is honey.Its a great healing diet for your gut...Mark recently posted about flora there and this is a diet that is good for so many things.
    I am here as it seems its very similar and there is a lot of good info here. I am not really here to lose weight, though the last 10 pounds would be good I guess but since starting I am leaner and I think I might weigh the same but look different.
    Anyone else here familiar with SCD?

strom is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I'm reading Breaking the Vicious Cycle right now.

free3337 is offline Member
    I am familiar. I've really enjoyed the suggested/encouraged 24 hour fermented yogurt. Using a 1 quart whole milk/1 quart heavy cream or heavy cream/heavy cream mixture, blended with some fruit and maybe honey, is an easy delicious way to get my fat calories in. I pour this concoction on my paleo pancakes sometimes and its very good.

FabMandy is offline Member
    I followed SCD for two years a few years ago, and have recently returned to it I love the simplicity of eating this way.