Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Speed, what is considered fast? page 2

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I always run 10 min mile because that's the speed I'm most comfortable with. I usually go for 3 or more miles with no stopping or walking pauses. I don't feel it to be particularly fast.

I think that I'm a fast sprinter, but never actually timed my sprints.

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    If you are running (jogging) for twenty-thirty minutes without really being winded, and can carry on a convo, probably not too fast. If you have to breathe after every couple of words, fast. Fast is relative.

Numbers wise, as has been said, a six minute mile is considered pretty fast, especially when maintained over a distance such as a 5k.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    As far as sprint speed, Olympic level sprinters are sub-10 seconds for 100m, which equates to roughly 10m/s = 22mph = 36 km/h. If you're getting somewhere close to that, you are fast. But like the others have said, it's relative. If you're not competing, it doesn't really matter, as long as you are going fast for YOU. Go all out!

nathan.custer is offline Junior Member
    Its all relative. For me, a sub 20:00 5k is fast. For one of my friends a sub 17 is fast. A sub 1:40 half marathon is fast for me, for my buddy a sub 2:55 marathon is fast. Don't worry about other people, just run your own speed.

Kool is offline Senior Member
    Yeah the 15:30 5k guy went to nationals...it was crazy!!!!

prufock is offline Member
    I find a good average pace if I'm running more than a mile or two is around 6 mph (10 min mile). For a one-mile timed run I've done 8 minute miles and faster (up to 8 mph average). For a very short "sprints" I can do a bit faster than that. I'm no Flash, by any means, and I wouldn't call these "fast" runs, but they're fast for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12