Page 98 of 263 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 98

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Geese are evil, evil I say!!!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ah, that tongue! [[scarred for life]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I love the thought of people growing/raising more of their own food. When we were looking for a house last year, that was one of my requirements, space to grow stuff. We were able to get a half acre lot that is mostly flat and useable and had some raised garden beds already in. The previous owners were not yard people so I am slowly improving the soil, trimming stuff back and ripping out stuff that is neither pretty nor edible. We are not allowed to have chooks or any other "farm" animals, which is sad. We have a few neighbors with hens but I want a Pygmy goat or two to help with weed control, especially on our steep creek bed. Sadly I have a fowl phobia so no hens for us. We have a lot of fruit trees but they also need some love and I need to figure out how to outsmart the bastard squirrels so I can actually get a few peaches and apricots next year.

There are cities in the SF Bay Area that do not allow for vegetable gardens in the front yard. I think lawns are a waste of time and water. In the next year or two, I am ripping mine out. You can't see it from the street, so why would anyone care if I turn it into something productive? If we all grew a little something, the world would be a little happier place!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    This is why I make my own bacon..... it isn't hard, and is considerably cheaper.......

Never having seen your tush, I will take your word for it..... In a Macy's window, no less....
    Good on making your own bacon. You do walk the walk.

I once got so thin that I couldn't sit on a hard chair for more than a couple of minutes without searching for a cushion. I may not be rockin' size 0 anymore, but at least when I sit, it doesn't feel like my ass bones are going to go right through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    That Krokodil drug is scarey, saw an article on it in a paper over hear, being the twat I am, I Googled it, that's some disturbing shit!

Christ, golds cheaper per ounce than that bacon....
    That drug freaked me out also! Bacon - always good for a good "when I was young," rant.

But don't taste as good......
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Lol, true, can't see bullion and eggs being that tasty....
    Not even using sea salt...... although bullion eggs would good to own!
    The Dave and Doc Show (or the Doc and Dave Show) always brings a smile to my face.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Geese are evil, evil I say!!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Ah, that tongue! [[scarred for life]]
    In some countries it would be a delicacy. Imagine eating a goose tongue while thinking about that pic.

I love the thought of people growing/raising more of their own food. When we were looking for a house last year, that was one of my requirements, space to grow stuff. We were able to get a half acre lot that is mostly flat and useable and had some raised garden beds already in. The previous owners were not yard people so I am slowly improving the soil, trimming stuff back and ripping out stuff that is neither pretty nor edible. We are not allowed to have chooks or any other "farm" animals, which is sad. We have a few neighbors with hens but I want a Pygmy goat or two to help with weed control, especially on our steep creek bed. Sadly I have a fowl phobia so no hens for us. We have a lot of fruit trees but they also need some love and I need to figure out how to outsmart the bastard squirrels so I can actually get a few peaches and apricots next year.

There are cities in the SF Bay Area that do not allow for vegetable gardens in the front yard. I think lawns are a waste of time and water. In the next year or two, I am ripping mine out. You can't see it from the street, so why would anyone care if I turn it into something productive? If we all grew a little something, the world would be a little happier place!
    The whole front yard thing is a holdover from the 50s when people actually used them and kids actually played with little supervision, even in cities. I agree they are a waste of space. And when did vegetable gardens become so ugly that we need to legislate against them? Yeesh.

Sounds like you're doing some good stuff with your land! And I love pygmy goats.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:44 PM.

B*tch-lite

October 14, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:45 PM.

B*tch-lite

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Aren't Bonobos the animal of the week every week?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cutey patooty:

Bad ass pygmies:

Or maybe they're just dancing.
    Too cute! I wouldn't want any boys though as they are smelly, even castrated. We had dairy goats growing up and the baby boys always tussled with each other. Baby goats are a lot of fun.

The Bart workers do not have the public support on their side for the most part. They make a lot more than the average worker that rides the train, pay very little for their medical, pay nothing for their retirement and get free rides for life. And if they do strike, my husband will have to leave at around 5 am to miss the traffic into the City. That makes me cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Aren't Bonobos the animal of the week every week?
    That's right, I forgot!

Cuteness alert...

Awww!

What a ham!

Whole lotta love.

Too cute! I wouldn't want any boys though as they are smelly, even castrated. We had dairy goats growing up and the baby boys always tussled with each other. Baby goats are a lot of fun.

The Bart workers do not have the public support on their side for the most part. They make a lot more than the average worker that rides the train, pay very little for their medical, pay nothing for their retirement and get free rides for life. And if they do strike, my husband will have to leave at around 5 am to miss the traffic into the City. That makes me cranky.
    I hope it's averted for you and hubby's sake. That sucks, leaving for work in the dark. I'd be cranky, too.

B*tch-lite