Page 95 of 341 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 95

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    First of the season Satsumas. Yum. One source said green might be sour and give you a stomach ache. But these were mild to sweet on the inside, and no belly ache, even though the skins are green. Another new thing for 2013.

Fun:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/540868
    in which Andrew Zimmern not only gets hit on by a tribal woman, but gets offered a sixteen year old wife from one of the men.

Butter from the farm. A religious experience. A food in and of itself. Almost a shame to “waste” it by cooking with it. If cream and love and joy had a threesome that resulted in a baby, that baby would be butter from the farm. It’s as expensive as Kerrygold butter, but I ordered some because of the toe and schlepping for groceries on it. The only downside: how will I ever go back? *whimper*

Much housework and kitchen cleaning today. Why is there dust? Mosquitoes and dust – why do they exist? I guess at one time, dust provided a place for dustmites to live, but now we have sofas, mattresses, and pillows for them. Couldn’t we evolve out of dust?

I’m just posting this here so I know where it is: Action Item #4: Exercise Primally – Move, Lift, and Sprint! | Mark's Daily Apple – I think it should be a focus for me come 2014.

Cleaned out the bottom shelf of my fridge. Can you guess what this is?

I sang, “When the Saints,” when I walked it and some of its companions to the dumpster.

General rule of thumb: once a thread goes beyond ten or 11 pages, put your foil beanie on before clicking to open. (Except the journals of course.)

Why I’ve never had penis envy. A little boy and girl were taking a bath together. They noticed the differences in their genitals. The little boy pointed at his penis and asked, “Don’t you wish you had one of these?” “No,” replied the little girl, “My mom told me that with one of these, I can have as many of those as I want.”

Okay, that’s not the only reason – it’s this also:

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t believe Elvis Presley died in 1977? He’d be or is 78 now. If he’s still alive, I so hope he tells us all before he dies. As a note, I don’t think he’s working at 7-11.

2 hurt when balloon hits power line in New Mexico - Health - Boston.com – I’d actually like to ride in a balloon someday. I’d have to wear Depends though since heights scare the s*** out of me. Sometimes you have to do cool things even if they scare you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/sc...t-in-past.html – By 2047, Coldest Years May Be Warmer Than Hottest in Past, Scientists Say - Guess I better move back up north before I turn 92.

Creepy news on a lot of levels: San Francisco hospital investigating death of patient found in stairwell - latimes.com – Missing for 17 days. Gives me the willies.

Tuesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil. Hummus. A couple of Satsumas. A burger with butter.
    I've always thought Satsuma were a town in LA (Lower Alabama).... I used to live in that county.... and never really knew it was named for a Jap orange.... I"m a moroon sometimes....

That looks like a moldy savoy cabbage....... mmmmm saurkraut! lol It looks like it deserves a traditional Nawlins funeral parade....

Coldest years warmer than hottest in the past? Who makes this crap up? And we spend tax money for this?

Looking for Elvis? Follow the Jelly Doughnut Trail......

true statement about penis envy.... males spend 9 months fighting to get out, and the rest of their lives trying to get right back in.....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Had a moments silence for our sad departed friend, at least he/she/it got a rousing send off....

It's about 10 degrees colder here than yesterday, so at the moment all I can think of weather wise is, good!

That stairwell must be well traversed....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I've always thought Satsuma were a town in LA (Lower Alabama).... I used to live in that county.... and never really knew it was named for a Jap orange.... I"m a moroon sometimes....
    Yoom learn sumfink evry day....

true statement about penis envy.... males spend 9 months fighting to get out, and the rest of their lives trying to get right back in.....
    Lol....

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Id actually like to ride in a balloon someday. Id have to wear Depends though since heights scare the s*** out of me.
    I've ridden in hot air balloons a couple times. The first time, Sweetie and I paid for it and had a lovely couple hours over Park City, Utah, in the fall. It's very peaceful, and quiet except for when the pilot ignites the burner to keep the air inside the balloon hot.

The second time I got a "free" hot air balloon ride. We went to a local festival where they launched balloons, and helped one of the balloon crew with setting up the balloon--then I got to ride! The pilot that time was an instructor pilot, and he could somewhat-direct that balloon incredibly! Right before we landed, the pilot flew the balloon right over the festival grounds, where all the crowds were, and they went wild! I leaned out of the balloon and waved. I felt like a rock star!

Below is the balloon I got the free ride in. Her name is "Blowin' Away". See how she's oblong instead of round? She's a racing balloon!

More pics here: Antelope Island Stampede 2011 Balloons

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Satsumas?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcrazylady View Post
    Oh satsumas. I miss Louisiana. Mmmm.
    I'm trying to love it here. I do love mild winters, hands-off govt, and oddly, though we're like the murder capital of the country, I feel relatively safe. Satsumas? Truly a wonder! Being walking distance to the river is awesome. And the Quarter is a great place to get lost and be anonymous.

That looks like a moldy savoy cabbage....... mmmmm saurkraut! lol It looks like it deserves a traditional Nawlins funeral parade....

Coldest years warmer than hottest in the past? Who makes this crap up? And we spend tax money for this?

Looking for Elvis? Follow the Jelly Doughnut Trail......

It was the pepper back on page... I don't know, but it looked like this when I first posted it:

Time is less kind to produce than it is even to the human face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Had a moments silence for our sad departed friend, at least he/she/it got a rousing send off....

It's about 10 degrees colder here than yesterday, so at the moment all I can think of weather wise is, good!

That stairwell must be well traversed....

Yoom learn sumfink evry day....
    I knew you'd remember! I'm proud to say that except for a plastic container in the very back of the fridge, all science experiments have been purged.

It's getting a bit warmer here again, but it's close to noon here and still no a/c necessary. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I've ridden in hot air balloons a couple times. The first time, Sweetie and I paid for it and had a lovely couple hours over Park City, Utah, in the fall. It's very peaceful, and quiet except for when the pilot ignites the burner to keep the air inside the balloon hot.

The second time I got a "free" hot air balloon ride. We went to a local festival where they launched balloons, and helped one of the balloon crew with setting up the balloon--then I got to ride! The pilot that time was an instructor pilot, and he could somewhat-direct that balloon incredibly! Right before we landed, the pilot flew the balloon right over the festival grounds, where all the crowds were, and they went wild! I leaned out of the balloon and waved. I felt like a rock star!

Below is the balloon I got the free ride in. Her name is "Blowin' Away". See how she's oblong instead of round? She's a racing balloon!

More pics here: Antelope Island Stampede 2011 Balloons
    Goldie, what a great adventure and story! I love when a good pilot can enhance the adventure. Oh, and you're always a rock star to me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Satsumas?
    Oops, you squeezed in there while I was typing.

Indigenous to Louisiana. Like a tangerine on the inside, but the skin right now is dark green. Really good and easy to peal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

fatcrazylady is offline Member
    I love New Orleans. I very seldom feel unsafe there. I love all the nooks and crannies. The sounds. The smells. The beauty and insanity. I miss being of an age that I could go all night, and crawl out of The Dungeon at 6am. Ah, the good ol' days.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Oops, you squeezed in there while I was typing.

Indigenous to Louisiana. Like a tangerine on the inside, but the skin right now is dark green. Really good and easy to peal.
    Interesting! Never heard of those.

That is quite the science experiment. I've cooked up a few like that myself...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by fatcrazylady View Post
    I love New Orleans. I very seldom feel unsafe there. I love all the nooks and crannies. The sounds. The smells. The beauty and insanity. I miss being of an age that I could go all night, and crawl out of The Dungeon at 6am. Ah, the good ol' days.
    Crawling would be me - probably much earlier than 6am. I think most of the danger is consolidated in one or two neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Interesting! Never heard of those.

That is quite the science experiment. I've cooked up a few like that myself...
    LOL! I'm so glad I'm not alone. I usually re-use ziploc bags, but there was one that contained only black liquid. I wasn't about to unleash whatever stench was in it.

I keep cleaning this apartment and it never stays clean. I'm thinking about going full-on slob.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Get a pet and then you have an excuse for a messy apartment! I blame my dogs for everything.