Page 93 of 279 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 93

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Dave, I was wondering the same thing. Of course, the nasa.gov website is down, but I found this:

"Salaries for civilian Astronaut Candidates are based upon the Federal Governmentís General Schedule pay scale for grades GS-11 through GS-14. The grade is determined in accordance with each individualís academic achievements and experience. Currently a GS-11 starts at $59,493 per year and a GS-14 can earn up to $130,257 per year."

Astronaut Salary

They probably also get hazardous duty pay while they're in space... that's an extra $200 a month.
    And promotion with space experience.... Astronaut, kudos, great, salary, pants, (even though 130k a year is a touch more than I'm on!)

Somehow, that doesn't seem right. I'm going to put astronauts on my "they don't pay 'em enough" list along with teachers, cops, firefighters, and military folks.
    Good list, I'd put nurses on mine, if I had one!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Glad you made it out of the hurricane ok.

That Lake Natron thing is super freaky. The pictures of the birds are kinda weirdly beautiful though...

Up the mountain. They bill it as the world's toughest "road" marathon. I'm sure there are way harder races out there but they have places of dirt roads/trails/what not. I found it plenty tough in any case...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Fair play for avoiding the drizzle!

I got a feeling Jamie Oliver made that point about the chicken nuggets to some school kids and they still preferred the ones that had no chicken in um....

Hope the pays good to be a space bod, if that's yer chances of getting in....

And those calcified birds are errie!
    Oliver sure got our attention with the pink slime, though. I think the producer of that had to close 90% of his production facilities because of the outcry.

Dave, I was wondering the same thing. Of course, the nasa.gov website is down, but I found this:

"Salaries for civilian Astronaut Candidates are based upon the Federal Governmentís General Schedule pay scale for grades GS-11 through GS-14. The grade is determined in accordance with each individualís academic achievements and experience. Currently a GS-11 starts at $59,493 per year and a GS-14 can earn up to $130,257 per year."

Astronaut Salary

They probably also get hazardous duty pay while they're in space... that's an extra $200 a month.

Somehow, that doesn't seem right. I'm going to put astronauts on my "they don't pay 'em enough" list along with teachers, cops, firefighters, and military folks.

Joanie, I always enjoy reading your journal! And I'm glad you escaped wind and flooditude!
    Thanks Goldie. It is odd how little some jobs pay. Remember the bomb guys? $50k/yr? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't understand politics and the more I learn, the unhappier I get.

So I mostly try to stay oblivious. I just educate myself enough to vote because I feel like I should.

I have no real input on the healthcare shizz because it doesn't affect me at all. My company pays for our premiums & any out of pocket costs are really not that bad. I hope that doesn't change next year, but open enrollment is probably within the next month or so.
    I hope Oh!Bamacare goes well for everyone. Sadly, because it's the govt, I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Glad you made it out of the hurricane ok.

That Lake Natron thing is super freaky. The pictures of the birds are kinda weirdly beautiful though...

Up the mountain. They bill it as the world's toughest "road" marathon. I'm sure there are way harder races out there but they have places of dirt roads/trails/what not. I found it plenty tough in any case...
    I thought they were beautiful also. And eerie.

That's a tough run! You rock.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

October 7, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I accidentally pulled two bison patties out of the freezer yesterday instead of regular beef. That made supper even more of a treat. And, since I ate it with the green tomato relish, I actually ate plant life. *chuckle*

Itís after 9am as I write this, and I havenít had the a/c on in over 12 hours. I actually slept under one of my little coverlets. Like a baby. The difference between cool air and artificially cool air, especially for sleep, is amazing. When I woke up this morning from the light, I put on my sleep mask and cuddled back down just because it felt so good. I just checked, and itís 66 perfect degrees out. Thatís about 19C for our compadres around the globe. I am in love with this morning.

Just to give you an idea of how unremittingly hot itís been. When I went to measure a half tablespoon of coconut oil for my morning cuppa, I thought something mustíve gotten into the coconut oil (small container I leave on the counter) because it looked like some crystals or impurities had gotten in it. Those werenít impurities or crystals Ė it had merely gotten cool enough that the edges had started to solidify.

Agoraphobia. One thing included in agoraphobia is a fear of wide open spaces. There were two times in my life when I realized that not really a fear, but a feeling of shock and awe comes over me when Iím in that kind of environment.

The first was when my family was on some kind of a boat. I was really young, so I donít remember the details of the trip. What I do remember is that at one point I looked around and there was no land in any direction. Just a calm ocean. I started to tear up. My dad told me not to be afraid, but I wasnít really afraid, just a bit overwhelmed.

The second time was my first trip across country. I had fallen asleep (passenger side naturally, since falling asleep driving probably would have ended differently), and when I woke up, we were driving through some of the flattest country Iíd ever seen. It didnít hit me at first, but then I saw a tiny tree in the distance. I could tell by how it looked that it was a full grown tree, so it then occurred to me how far away it was. Same feeling as the boat. Not fear, just overwhelmed by the immensity of it all.

Now, flying commercial when the pilots might have been drunk as shit last night? Thatís a fear.

Which is a long winded way of saying that no matter what it paid, I could never be an astronaut. I canít even imagine being up in all that, well, space. And floating in it just tethered to something solid. Bring out the valium, please.

Starbucksí Pumpkin Spice Latte. According to this site: Calories in Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (Venti) and Nutrition Facts , this lovely 20 oz coffee drink has 470 calories, with 65 grams of carbs (62 of which are sugars). McDonaldís, furthering itís ďbarbellĒ strategy of offering both high and low end items (source: McDonaldís aims to lure Starbucks crowd with pumpkin-spice lattes | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times) has introduced a pumpkin spice latte of its own. ďA 16-ounce latte with whole milk has 340 calories and will cost $2.89.Ē Iím guessing the ďnutritionĒ of this drink is comparable. The difference? For the extra almost $2/cup, you can hold your head high and be a Starbucky rather than one of those people who would drink McDís coffee. (Hopefully the whole Starbucky thing read as sarcasm.)

Iím no one to be all judgy because I surely have my off-primal treats. But, and Iíve felt this for a long time: spending between three and five dollars for a cup of coffee with a squirt of syrup and some milk in it seems like a waste. Please recycle the cups. I am, however, not unhappy at the fact that coffee houses have become ubiquitous. I love the fact that no matter where I am, Iím pretty much only a few blocks at most away from a double shot of espresso.

The newsÖ

Redesigned $100 bill has a 3-D feature - Houston Chronicle

Sotheby's: White diamond sells for record $30.6M

Yes, yes, yes! I will love you Ďtil death do we part!

Dexterous fingers said to have evolved before upright walking - UPI.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/he...-medicine.html Ė For 3 Nobel Winners, a Molecular Mystery Solved -This one is tough to squish down into one or two paragraphs, but itís pretty neat.

USDA issues health alert for some California chicken | Fox News - Ick.

Sundayís food: Two bison burgers with green tomato relish. A protein shake with added cocoa powder.
    I had a bison burger once when I was in Colorado.... pretty good. I enjoyed it. It's expensive as an exwife here though!

luvs me some punkin spice latte... but I will forgo said treat from Star*ucks... for a couple of reasons... the biggest one is cuz it makes my pancreas hurt!

Dextrous fingers evolve first.. well no crap.... how else did we grap the frikin vine to pull ourselves outta the gutter.... Researchers can be real maroons... spend billions of dollars to prove something that is common sense...... buttnuggets...

Chicken issues.... glad I raise my own.....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Oliver sure got our attention with the pink slime, though. I think the producer of that had to close 90% of his production facilities because of the outcry.
    Good, only 90%?!

Just to give you an idea of how unremittingly hot itís been. When I went to measure a half tablespoon of coconut oil for my morning cuppa, I thought something mustíve gotten into the coconut oil (small container I leave on the counter) because it looked like some crystals or impurities had gotten in it. Those werenít impurities or crystals Ė it had merely gotten cool enough that the edges had started to solidify.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/he...-medicine.html Ė For 3 Nobel Winners, a Molecular Mystery Solved -This one is tough to squish down into one or two paragraphs, but itís pretty neat.
    On the coconut oil, this was the first year mine has ever turned to liquid, mind you it's the first summer we've had for years, it turned back to a solid weeks ago.

They three boffins is too brainy for them own good, surprised they can fit all they cells in their heads....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    luvs me some punkin spice latte... but I will forgo said treat from Star*ucks... for a couple of reasons... the biggest one is cuz it makes my pancreas hurt!
    That's a bit bizarre, why's do think that is? Again the price must hurt as well....

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It’s after 9am as I write this, and I haven’t had the a/c on in over 12 hours. I actually slept under one of my little coverlets. Like a baby. The difference between cool air and artificially cool air, especially for sleep, is amazing. When I woke up this morning from the light, I put on my sleep mask and cuddled back down just because it felt so good. I just checked, and it’s 66 perfect degrees out. That’s about 19C for our compadres around the globe. I am in love with this morning.
    That's why I love spring & fall (but mostly fall). Those transitional seasons are so comfortable. I don't like artificially warmed or cooled air. I think growing up without AC and in a very cold bedroom has something to do with it. Though I think since primal, I adapt quicker to the changes.

$tarbucks Pumpkin $pice is really not that good and I don't get the fascination with it. I mean, I love all things pumpkin, but it doesn't taste pumpkin-y to me. If you really wanted a treat, you could get the syrups yourself online & make your own! The primal-ized versions are way too involved to be worth it =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I had a bison burger once when I was in Colorado.... pretty good. I enjoyed it. It's expensive as an exwife here though!

Dextrous fingers evolve first.. well no crap.... how else did we grap the frikin vine to pull ourselves outta the gutter.... Researchers can be real maroons... spend billions of dollars to prove something that is common sense...... buttnuggets...

Chicken issues.... glad I raise my own.....
    The bison is a bit high, so for every three or four pounds of ground beef I buy, I only get one pound of bison.

I wonder why it makes your pancreas hurt?

I still know a few folks who aren't dexterous enough to keep their knuckles from dragging on the ground. LOL

I envy you your chickens for true. Last time I ate CAFO meats for a couple of days, I got b.o. also. I bet your chickens wouldn't give me b.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good, only 90%?!

On the coconut oil, this was the first year mine has ever turned to liquid, mind you it's the first summer we've had for years, it turned back to a solid weeks ago.

They three boffins is too brainy for them own good, surprised they can fit all they cells in their heads....
    If they run out of space, I'm sure I have plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That's why I love spring & fall (but mostly fall). Those transitional seasons are so comfortable. I don't like artificially warmed or cooled air. I think growing up without AC and in a very cold bedroom has something to do with it. Though I think since primal, I adapt quicker to the changes.

$tarbucks Pumpkin $pice is really not that good and I don't get the fascination with it. I mean, I love all things pumpkin, but it doesn't taste pumpkin-y to me. If you really wanted a treat, you could get the syrups yourself online & make your own! The primal-ized versions are way too involved to be worth it =P
    It's been two days now. I can barely keep my eyes open, it's just so pleasant to sleep in this. It's a wonder that people in extreme climates don't go completely bonkers.

B*tch-lite

October 8, 2013 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:25 PM.

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    The bison is a bit high, so for every three or four pounds of ground beef I buy, I only get one pound of bison.

I wonder why it makes your pancreas hurt?

I still know a few folks who aren't dexterous enough to keep their knuckles from dragging on the ground. LOL

I envy you your chickens for true. Last time I ate CAFO meats for a couple of days, I got b.o. also. I bet your chickens wouldn't give me b.o.

If they run out of space, I'm sure I have plenty of room.

It's been two days now. I can barely keep my eyes open, it's just so pleasant to sleep in this. It's a wonder that people in extreme climates don't go completely bonkers.
    pancrease pain? From secreting all the insulin needed to deal with the sugar from the punkin spice latte?

just cuz you drag your knuckles dosen't mean you aren't walking upright.... you just have Lurch arms....

b.o? Butt odor?