Page 92 of 276 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 92

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Glad your toes are better. I like coming here for the news and your take on it.
    Thanks OG. I already had a bit of arthritis in that area of my foot and toes - I think this injury will make me a great predictor of rain. Always good to see you here.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Yup. Mt. Lemmon. A lovely place to escape from the heat. I'm enough of a bragger to say that I have run the Mt Lemmon Marathon, did the 1st one ever in 2010. One of my best days ever, partly because it was one of the last best days I got to "spend" with my late husband.

Oh PS, those pandas are SOOOOOO cute!
    Cool on the Marathon! Up the hill or down? Both? We all took a car. My condolences on the loss of your husband. ((hug))

It's amazing to think those tiny little things will grow to be so huge.

Ack - it's 452am my time. I better post this before the board does its thing for maintenance!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Short walk in the rain. Foot appreciably better, but still don’t want to stress it.

Tropical Storm Karen takes aim at U.S. Gulf Coast | Reuters

U.S. jobless claims show job market healing but service sector slows | Reuters – More smoke and mirrors. This is only data for people who are eligible to apply for unemployment benefits. Those who ran them out or those ineligible because of too short a duration of employment aren’t in those figures. Furloughed Fed’l employees aren’t in those figures.

Wednesday’s food: Coffee. Tongue. Tomato/feta/basil salad. Yogurt. Not enough protein for my liking.
    Better get your water wing out and blow them up GF.... youz abouts to get wet!

Both sides of the aisle are putzez.... Though, if the idea takes a hold that the Dem side of the argument is using this shut down to cause as much pain to the American people as possible, the blow back from that could be particuarly nasty..... and I think there are some folks out there making that case....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    It's amazing to think those tiny little things will grow to be so huge.
    You ain't wrong, wouldn't want to be their bamboo bill....

Ack - it's 452am my time. I better post this before the board does its thing for maintenance!
    It hasn't done it the last two mornings, strangely enough!

Take it you haven't been washed away then?

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Better get your water wing out and blow them up GF.... youz abouts to get wet!

Both sides of the aisle are putzez.... Though, if the idea takes a hold that the Dem side of the argument is using this shut down to cause as much pain to the American people as possible, the blow back from that could be particuarly nasty..... and I think there are some folks out there making that case....
    I tend to hate them equally. Tax and spend vs borrow and spend is about the only difference I see. Corruption and bullshit bind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    You ain't wrong, wouldn't want to be their bamboo bill....

It hasn't done it the last two mornings, strangely enough!

Take it you haven't been washed away then?
    I saw this morning that it didn't. I was asleep (like a normal person) yesterday morning. heh. Maybe they've changed the maintenance schedule.

Looks like the storm is going to maybe pass us? 50% chance of thunderstorms today and 80% tomorrow, but no cover your ass warnings. And right now it's a blue cloudless sky.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

October 4, 2013 (Friday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:18 PM.

B*tch-lite

October 5, 2013 (Saturday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:19 PM.

B*tch-lite

October 6, 2013 (Sunday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Fair play for avoiding the drizzle!

I got a feeling Jamie Oliver made that point about the chicken nuggets to some school kids and they still preferred the ones that had no chicken in um....

Hope the pays good to be a space bod, if that's yer chances of getting in....

And those calcified birds are errie!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Hope the pays good to be a space bod, if that's yer chances of getting in....
    Dave, I was wondering the same thing. Of course, the nasa.gov website is down, but I found this:

"Salaries for civilian Astronaut Candidates are based upon the Federal Governmentís General Schedule pay scale for grades GS-11 through GS-14. The grade is determined in accordance with each individualís academic achievements and experience. Currently a GS-11 starts at $59,493 per year and a GS-14 can earn up to $130,257 per year."

Astronaut Salary

They probably also get hazardous duty pay while they're in space... that's an extra $200 a month.

Somehow, that doesn't seem right. I'm going to put astronauts on my "they don't pay 'em enough" list along with teachers, cops, firefighters, and military folks.

Joanie, I always enjoy reading your journal! And I'm glad you escaped wind and flooditude!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't understand politics and the more I learn, the unhappier I get.

So I mostly try to stay oblivious. I just educate myself enough to vote because I feel like I should.

I have no real input on the healthcare shizz because it doesn't affect me at all. My company pays for our premiums & any out of pocket costs are really not that bad. I hope that doesn't change next year, but open enrollment is probably within the next month or so.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).