Page 90 of 216 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 90

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

September 30, 2013 (Monday)

Shop Now
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Another month gone. Oy. I’m feeling so lazy today that I haven’t even made coffee – all that measuring, filling with water. LOL I think all my cosmic and physical energy is going into healing my toes. I’ve noticed this before with injuries. After the initial acute pain goes away, there’s a general lethargy that takes over as if the body is saying, “Sleep, it’s time to heal.” And an urge to eat many eggs.

The beef tongue is ready to go in the pressure cooker, so in a couple of hours, I’ll put it in, and an hour after that, I’ll eat tongue.

My first Good Eggs order will be delivered tomorrow. A couple kinds of squashes, some herbs, jalapenos, eggs and dairy, various salsas and relishes, artichoke pesto, and GF Queso Cakes. I’m doing a happy dance.

I try not to broach too many controversial subjects here. It’s a fun place. A place to bitch. A place to talk about food.

I believe in the death penalty. I don’t like the way it’s used. It shouldn’t be that just because someone gets convicted in TX or FL, they have a good chance of getting killed by the state. It shouldn’t be that if a person of color kills a white person, they have a better chance of getting killed by the state. Mentally retarded people shouldn’t be killed by the state. I think that if you grant yourself the power to kill people legally, you should take that as a responsibility that is so important, that is shouldn’t be influenced by politics, racism, etc.

Charlie Manson was/is one sick m*****f****r. He was sentenced to death, but CA’s death penalty was found to be unconstitutional. So, due to timing, his sentence was commuted to life. He comes up for parole on a regular basis. Because of this, the families of his victims may never rest. But Charlie Manson is exactly the kind of person that I believe should be killed by the state.

The serial killer. The multiple killer. The spree killer. The killer for hire. These are people for whom humanity has taken a vacation. Don’t get me wrong – if you kill someone during a robbery, I believe you should never have freedom. I’m okay with life without possibility of parole. But the killer of someone shouldn’t be judged by his victim. S/he should be judged on the act.

Let’s face it. If we believe in war, we believe in killing. I’m okay with that. I feel sad that soldiers kill soldiers while the perpetrators of war live out their lives in ivory towers, but I get it. A better system might be to have leader fight leader. One death, situation resolved, but I know that will never happen, and I don’t much believe in fairy tales. Would many wars have happened if the various heads of state had actually faced death themselves?

Anyway, I don’t know what took me to this place today, but here I am. There is killing in self-defense. There is killing for war. There are accidental killings. And then there are killings just because the person has lost their humanity and likes to kill or kills for profit (and I can’t think of anyone lower than someone who would take a life for dollars). It makes her/him feel good. And those are the cancers on the ass of humanity. They are the ones we should kill. Let some non-violent possession folks and some prisoners over the age of 70 out of jail, and we have room for some who will spend their lives in prison with no possibility of parole. Tighten up the rules for execution, and states like FL and TX stop being an embarrassment.

I haven’t even addressed the fact that sometimes, juries just get it wrong. Even if it’s only one out of a hundred times, killing an innocent person is a travesty. We have the right to kill people who break certain laws. We don’t have the moral right to take that lightly.

Back to our regularly scheduled silliness…

I made GF brownies last night. Not bad. Sadly, I didn’t have real sugar in the house, so I used stevia. I don’t taste it in my coffee, but I tasted it in these. I’m going to, for the first time in decades buy real sugar next time I do a Vitacost order. As a note, the aftertaste of the stevia wasn’t terrible once the brownies cooled. But who wants to wait for that?

Gulf oil spill: How much flowed? BP trial judge to decide. (+video) - CSMonitor.com

$18B would be a hit. The company’s market cap is about $132B.

Sheriff: Suspect's Wife Filed Rape Charge Against Pastor Before Shooting - ABC News – A guy rapes your wife. You shoot him. No need to waste taxpayer money on a trial.

Psychiatric drug use in preschoolers stabilizing | Reuters – We’re drugging children less than we were in the first part of this decade. It’s a start.

BBC News - Early menopause: Baby born after ovaries 'reawakened' – Do me a favor, and don’t wake up my ovaries. They were awake long enough. If God would have wanted 60 year old women to be new mothers, she wouldn’t have made us so smart and so cranky. LOL

Despite risk, more infants sharing beds - A downside to co-sleeping. I know that this isn’t popular, but I think that once everything is healed, Mom and Dad should go back to being happy lovers without a baby between them.

Sunday’s food: Non-primal. Bread was involved. This morning I had gas. Since I live alone, there was no blushing, I just giggled.
    As far as the Death penalty goes, the ARE folks that just don't need to be alive.... Manson is a good example... Yup, agree that the deliberation should be diligent, and ALL evidence should be considered.

Co-sleeping... not a big fan of having a baby in my bed... could be why my boys were 13 months apart....

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    I agree with the death penalty stuff. I also wish that judges could/would impose punishments that more closely fit the crime. Here they often make graffiti taggers scrub off what they (and others) painted. That sort of thing makes sense.

Joanie, I use erythritol instead of sugar. It doesn't have an aftertaste, and does have Mark's "okay". It's not as sweet as sugar, but that works for me. I so seldom eat sweet stuff, it still tastes pretty sweet to me! Are Sugar Alcohols Healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    As far as the Death penalty goes, the ARE folks that just don't need to be alive.... Manson is a good example... Yup, agree that the deliberation should be diligent, and ALL evidence should be considered.

Co-sleeping... not a big fan of having a baby in my bed... could be why my boys were 13 months apart....
    Back in the olden days, we used to call siblings born less than a year apart "Irish twins." You almost made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I agree with the death penalty stuff. I also wish that judges could/would impose punishments that more closely fit the crime. Here they often make graffiti taggers scrub off what they (and others) painted. That sort of thing makes sense.

Joanie, I use erythritol instead of sugar. It doesn't have an aftertaste, and does have Mark's "okay". It's not as sweet as sugar, but that works for me. I so seldom eat sweet stuff, it still tastes pretty sweet to me! Are Sugar Alcohols Healthy?
    Goldie, thank you for the link and the info. I'll have to check it out.

I like the idea of taggers cleaning up messes; it does make sense.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Always a good read Joanie...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Always a good read Joanie...
    Thank you!

B*tch-lite

October 1, 2013 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 01:12 PM.

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Our pollies are a bunch of shysters, but I got to admit yours are way up there!

Kosher lube and tupperware on Titan, classics....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Our pollies are a bunch of shysters, but I got to admit yours are way up there!

Kosher lube and tupperware on Titan, classics....
    Dave! Welcome back! I trust you had an awesome vacation?

Yes, when it comes to politicians, I'd say the U.S. is still one of the greats for absolute lack of morality and ethics. Go us!

B*tch-lite

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yes, when it comes to politicians, I'd say the U.S. is still one of the greats for absolute lack of morality and ethics. Go us!
    Maybe your politicians. Mine is great. I mean, how else can Congress have a 9% approval rating but an 85%+ re-election rate? *rolls eyes* throw all the bums out.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony