Page 89 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 89

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

September 27, 2013 (Friday)

Primal Fuel
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Prawn mayo on wholemeal from M&S was the luxury foodstuff of my schooldays.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Prawn mayo on wholemeal from M&S was the luxury foodstuff of my schooldays.
    Yum! (Needs more prawns though. )

In the North East/New England area, they do Lobster Rolls, which are fantastic. More so because in the rest of the country, lobster is pretty much considered a luxury item, so to do sandwiches with it is such a treat.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

September 28, 2013 (Saturday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 02:03 PM.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Better than lawmakers getting arrested is when they beat each other up! One of the few times they actually get something done.

If you are incapacitated, you need good drugs. I had a hysterectomy (kept the ovaries) on Monday, came home with very good pain meds and haven't been too bored yet. Of course, my sister went home yesterday and my husband sucks at enertaining me so I may start getting restless. I hope your toes get better soon. If you were closer, I would share my lovely, lovely little pills! Or kiss your owies better!

What GF mix do you use? I started using Wholesome Chow all purpose mix for pancakes for my man and he thinks they taste just like regular ones. Especially fried in bacon fat. We don't have them often but it is my mom's recipe and they remind me of her. Biscuits and gravy are my next big adventure, once my superglued incisions are healed.
    Last edited by vh67; 09-28-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Too many happy pills

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I forgot my brilliant observations on grilling versus barbecuing. Anything done on gas is just grilling. Not that that is a bad thing as it it can be very tasty. Barbecuing is an art as is smoking. I love taking a tough piece of meat, rubbing it lovingly, placing it in a warm moist place and having it become something that brings tears to my eyes and makes my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Better than lawmakers getting arrested is when they beat each other up! One of the few times they actually get something done.

If you are incapacitated, you need good drugs. I had a hysterectomy (kept the ovaries) on Monday, came home with very good pain meds and haven't been too bored yet. Of course, my sister went home yesterday and my husband sucks at enertaining me so I may start getting restless. I hope your toes get better soon. If you were closer, I would share my lovely, lovely little pills! Or kiss your owies better!

What GF mix do you use? I started using Wholesome Chow all purpose mix for pancakes for my man and he thinks they taste just like regular ones. Especially fried in bacon fat. We don't have them often but it is my mom's recipe and they remind me of her. Biscuits and gravy are my next big adventure, once my superglued incisions are healed.
    Ouch on the hysterctomy. I had one about 17 years ago (I got to keep my ovaries and my cervix ). But I walked like John Wayne for a couple of days. Hope you heal quickly.

I use Glutino Gluten Free Pantry All-Purpose Flour. I can't really say if it works well because almost every time I want something that carby, I'm pretty hammered, so if it doesn't come out well, was it the flour or was it moi? But I'm doing better (much) on the drinking, so hopefully the biscuits I tried that came out like large poker chips were something I did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I forgot my brilliant observations on grilling versus barbecuing. Anything done on gas is just grilling. Not that that is a bad thing as it it can be very tasty. Barbecuing is an art as is smoking. I love taking a tough piece of meat, rubbing it lovingly, placing it in a warm moist place and having it become something that brings tears to my eyes and makes my mouth water.
    Is it me or is it hot in here?

B*tch-lite

September 29, 2013 (Sunday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 02:04 PM.

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Is it just me, or is the MDA blog starting to seem more and more like an infomercial? Book sales and contests. Even a contest reviewing Primal supplements. Wonder if they’re going to check to see if you actually bought some. Someone with a gift for writing promos could just make shit up. “I was a 300 pound couch potato, but just six months after starting on Primal Magic Dust, I’m 110 pounds and men crawl through glass to kiss my ass.” Meh.

Saving money. I love it. And even though the degenerates in Congress have screwed us on the saving of sales tax for mail order, I still love that online offers me a way to bypass local prices on a regular basis. Getting salmon shipped from Seattle and saving between 15 and 30% over local prices and I’m circling the happy face on my calendar. Whole bean coffee in New Orleans – about $10.50/lb. Almost everywhere. Talk about your price fixing. Finding a Kirkland Signature dark roast coffee for $6.00/lb? Pure gold.

Hmm… two bitches (sort of) in a row. Hail Bitchapalooza!

I’m having a very unPrimal day today. I’m eating bread. I shall stand on the mountaintop and let the community pummel me with croutons. The only upside is that it isn’t Subway, so I’m not compounding the bread with low-rent cold cuts. Grass fed ground beef and organic tomatoes will be sandwiched in that bread. Some has already been slathered with pastured butter. Tomorrow I shall fart.

Non sequitur. I couldn’t take another day without a walk. But my toes still hurt. I took a 15 minute walk, came home, put my feet up for about five minutes and drank some cold water. Went back out and took a 25 minute walk. It’s not a ton of time, but it’s something. Toward the end of the second walk, I sometimes sounded like I was walking barefoot on the sun – ouch ouch ooch ouch – but I got it done.

Then I came home, took one aspirin and one ibuprofen, and put frozen spinach on my toes. I know peas are recommended, but I don’t really eat peas much. And I threw away the year old bag of frozen limas a couple of months ago.

I think my landlord is having a midlife crisis. Last time I saw him, he was bragging about losing weight and his hair looked darker. Men are such vain little creatures. Compounding the humor on that is, of course, the fact that women really look so past looks to find a mate. Man may think with penis, but women think with brains. That was sexist, and I apologize. I should say: women over 35 think with brains. I have no idea what either sex under 35 is thinking with, but I suspect that genitalia get a big vote.

I may miss some things of my youth. Perky breasts. The ability to lose five pounds a week. Boundless energy. But the one thing I don’t miss is young men. I’d rather do the biblical thing with a 65 year old than with three 20 year olds. LOL. I wish I’d known that at 25.

Second phase of BP trial resumes in New Orleans

Twitter to make IPO filing public this week: Quartz - chicagotribune.com – Another tech IPO. :::yawn::: Not my thing, but maybe there’s money to be made.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us...anted=all&_r=0

Panty sniffers. Fuckwads. There is no appropriate adjective that conveys how I feel about the NSA. If I saw a homeless drunk having illegal sex with a squirrel, I’d have more respect for him than I do for the average NSA worker.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/ar...qAoQ7/78h/ULfg – In a country where NFL tickets can bring upwards of $2700, opera goes broke. ‘Nuf said.

Intravaginal Ring Prevents Infection with AIDS-Like Disease in Monkeys – Which is all very well and good for monkeys, but apparently, humans are too foolish to think protecting themselves from disease is important.

Saturday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil and MCT oil. A couple of mugs of bone broth – one also had powdered goat milk in it. A couple of grass fed hot dogs with mustard.
    Yeah, MDA does seem to be becoming a bit "commercial"...

Degenerates in Congress.... was all you had to say.... the rest was fluff!

I think you are right... folks under 35 thing with their groins..... and most men after 35 never get out of the habit.... which is OK, provided you realize that going in to personal negotiations....

Doing the biblical thing? Like burning a ram on the alter? (I'm OK with that... since I drive a Ford...).... or parting the Red sea?? Seeking manna from heaven? Searching for the Promised Land (the land of milk and honey)?

Yup NSA snoopers are douches.... and not the flowery scented version.... straight up lemon and vinegar...

Opera is over rated... f'kers can't even speak 'Merican!

The NFL is WAAAAAY over rated...... So, you can run fast and catch a ball... big f'n deal.... Wanna impress me? build your own friggin house and grow your own food!

Why do humans need to protect themselves... we now have the goodness of Obamacare to heal our hurts and assuage our fears!! <cue angelic choir singing in the background, clouds part and bright beams of sunshine rain down on mankind>

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yeah, MDA does seem to be becoming a bit "commercial"...

Degenerates in Congress.... was all you had to say.... the rest was fluff!

I think you are right... folks under 35 thing with their groins..... and most men after 35 never get out of the habit.... which is OK, provided you realize that going in to personal negotiations....

Doing the biblical thing? Like burning a ram on the alter? (I'm OK with that... since I drive a Ford...).... or parting the Red sea?? Seeking manna from heaven? Searching for the Promised Land (the land of milk and honey)?

Yup NSA snoopers are douches.... and not the flowery scented version.... straight up lemon and vinegar...

Opera is over rated... f'kers can't even speak 'Merican!

The NFL is WAAAAAY over rated...... So, you can run fast and catch a ball... big f'n deal.... Wanna impress me? build your own friggin house and grow your own food!

Why do humans need to protect themselves... we now have the goodness of Obamacare to heal our hurts and assuage our fears!! <cue angelic choir singing in the background, clouds part and bright beams of sunshine rain down on mankind>
    LOL - you're on top of it today! Must've been a good weekend - maybe burning more rams than usual on the old marital alter?

And I'm in total agreement on the bolded stuff. The ex before the ex can build a home from the ground up. I've been encouraging him to start growing/raising rabbits for food. I may have few survival skills, but he'd take me in before he'd let me live in a refrigerator box on the corner.

B*tch-lite