Page 87 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 87

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    So, I know that if you’re doing a one-person scene, it’s a monologue. And back and forth between two or more is a dialogue. But I’m not sure what to call it if you’re alone but talking to yourself from two different points of view.

Inner dialogue (monologue?):

The rain’s letting up, you should go for your walk.
    It’s still raining.
    You love the rain. And you have an umbrella.
    When my walking shoes get wet, my feet and socks stink.
    You think stinky feet are funny. You used to throw your stinky socks at your ex.
    Maybe that’s one reason he’s an ex – he didn’t appreciate my humor.
    He’s your ex because you won’t take your walk.
    It’s afternoon.
    So?
    I like walking in the morning.
    That’s a terrible excuse.
    I don’t care.
    Don’t you want to be the thinnest girl ever?
    I’m not fat.
    No, but you’re not as thin as five years ago.
    Yeah, and my skin doesn’t look like it’s going to fall off either.
    Walking is good for you.
    Laying in bed in my Betty Boop pajamas is relaxing and reduces my cortisol levels.
    Five years ago, you never missed a walk, even when it snowed.
    Yeah, well two and a half years ago, I was falling down drunk more than half the time.
    That’s not much of a bar you’re setting for yourself.
    Oh really? Well, if I’m not walking today, neither are you. Set that bar.
    You could walk to the liquor store on Magazine.
    Now there’s a healthy plan.
    You know that once it gets dark, you’ll wish you’d taken your walk.
    Will not.
    Will too. You always do.
    Do not.
    That’s it! I wash my hands of you! Go ahead and sit on your fat ass watching TV, you lazy good for nothing!
    Thenk yew veddy much.
    You had me at "bar"..... and at falling down drunk half the time...... AND the liquor store! holycrap, someone might think I like to drink, or something.....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I'm with you. She looks so fit. I think sometimes we post something like she did online, never even thinking it's going to cause people to freak because it's just so right to us. I had a buddy who jogged/ran until she got uncomfortable doing so (short woman) and damn near gave birth riding a horse. That was a lot of years ago and she got some grief from people for doing the running and the riding.
    Paula Radcliff the ex marathon runner was still running silly miles (to me) for as long as she could when pregnant with both her kids, with no dramas, media schmedia!

Thatís it! I wash my hands of you! Go ahead and sit on your fat ass watching TV, you lazy good for nothing!
    Thenk yew veddy much.
    I presume the sofa and TV won then?!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    You had me at "bar"..... and at falling down drunk half the time...... AND the liquor store! holycrap, someone might think I like to drink, or something.....
    Ex navy, it's in yer blood, but not during that whole 30 squire, we gots our eye on you....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    You and me both. But I've been making myself decrease it. Getting older is making recovery time too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Paula Radcliff the ex marathon runner was still running silly miles (to me) for as long as she could when pregnant with both her kids, with no dramas, media schmedia!

I presume the sofa and TV won then?!
    People forget that there are parts of the world where women do pretty tough physical labor right up to the birth. Women are tougher than we sometimes think.

Oh yeah, the TV won. Generally if I haven't walked by noon, it's not going to get done.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

September 22, 2013 (Sunday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a specific list for your new things to do before the year is up?

Is the calorie/gram thing bugging you enough to contact the manufacturer? Maybe they can explain why it's weird.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Oh crap, I almost forgot:

Happy Autumnal Equinox, Everyone!

And as if to tell us that autumn had arrived, when I opened my kitchen door this morning, there was an actual, real-live cool breeze. Not comfortable, not “not hot,” but actually cool. Thank you, Mother Earth for letting me survive another southern summer.
    Amen. It's the 23rd now but today was the first "fall" day here... It's the first cool morning! And monsoon is done so it's dry. Love.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Do you have a specific list for your new things to do before the year is up?

Is the calorie/gram thing bugging you enough to contact the manufacturer? Maybe they can explain why it's weird.
    I emailed Vitacost. My list isn't specific. I wanted to try 12 new eateries, see a few things I haven't seen yet, and try new foods. I'm doing great on the new foods. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Amen. It's the 23rd now but today was the first "fall" day here... It's the first cool morning! And monsoon is done so it's dry. Love.
    Oh yeah, AZ is hot also fersure. And being a dry heat doesn't mitigate a thing. 100+ in the shade is 100+ in the shade no matter what the humidity. I don't mind hot weather really. But the never cooling down for night or dawn gets old.

Is your avatar your arm? It's hot. (The good hot, not the weather hot.)

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Joanie, this may partly explain your MCT oil calorie problem...

MCTs are made up of caprylic acid and capric acid. MCTs are more easily and more quickly digestible types of fats that require a lesser amount of enzymes for absorption in comparison to other types of fats. The structure of MCTs contains between six and 10 carbon atoms. Unlike regular fat molecules, which contain nine calories per gram, MCTs contain 8.3 calories per gram.

and:

The exact number of grams contained in a teaspoon can vary slightly with the content of the teaspoon. There is an estimated five grams in one teaspoon and fifty grams in ten teaspoons. The grams is a type of measurement which is used in the United States to measure the weight of something. The teaspoon is a type of measuring instrument which is commonly used in cooking and also is sometimes used to measure volume.

(my emphasis)

So it could be the slight difference in cals/gram and grams/tsp is what's making the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Joanie, this may partly explain your MCT oil calorie problem...

MCTs are made up of caprylic acid and capric acid. MCTs are more easily and more quickly digestible types of fats that require a lesser amount of enzymes for absorption in comparison to other types of fats. The structure of MCTs contains between six and 10 carbon atoms. Unlike regular fat molecules, which contain nine calories per gram, MCTs contain 8.3 calories per gram.

and:

The exact number of grams contained in a teaspoon can vary slightly with the content of the teaspoon. There is an estimated five grams in one teaspoon and fifty grams in ten teaspoons. The grams is a type of measurement which is used in the United States to measure the weight of something. The teaspoon is a type of measuring instrument which is commonly used in cooking and also is sometimes used to measure volume.

(my emphasis)

So it could be the slight difference in cals/gram and grams/tsp is what's making the difference?
    You so rock!

So if I use 5 grams/teaspoon x 8.3 cal/gram, I get ~ 42 cal/teaspoon. I'll use that. I'm a happy camper.

B*tch-lite

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan673 View Post
    It's about time you started a journal! I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Dear Spambot, you suck. You joined MDA today, and made eight posts between 9:42pm and 9:45pm. You are annoying and stupid. And you've been reported.

B*tch-lite