Page 86 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 86

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Analysis (fun counting thing) of an exploded thread.

Total posts: 377 not counting the last one.
    • Poster A: 74 total posts, of which 7 were merely insults. Giving poster A an insult to total post percentage of 9.5%.
    • Poster B: 22 total posts, of which 11 were merely insults. Giving poster B an insult to total post percentage of 50%.
    • Poster Me (just to be fair): 9 total posts. Amazingly, I was having too much fun watching the train wreck to insult anyone. Wait, there was one post where I basically insulted the whole human race. That would put my insult to total posts percentage at 11%.
    • Poster C: 118 total posts, of which 14 were merely insults. Giving poster C an insult to total post percentage of 11.8%.
    • All other posters: 154 total posts, of which 5 were merely insults. Giving all other posters an insult to total post percentage of 3%.

Note: an insult in this “analysis” was completely subjective. I overlooked a few sideways insults – IOW, if the post pointed out lots of bad behavior, which indicated that the subject of that post was a douche or a dunce, I overlooked it. I tried to only include blatant, “You are a monkey’s foreskin,” type insults.

My conclusion: better to leave that to myself so as not to insult the entire population of the planet, including myself. I hang my head in shame at both my insult percentage, and for getting so many laughs and joy out of that thread. Still, it was almost as much fun as watching a Chihuahua bark aggressively at a Doberman.

Whoa - I better go back and look at it again. Think I mighta missed some of the really good stuff!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Holy h*ll! I went back and read the entire thing. Spectacular...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Whoa - I better go back and look at it again. Think I mighta missed some of the really good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Holy h*ll! I went back and read the entire thing. Spectacular...
    LOL! I think you and I might be in the minority because enough people must've freaked out and reported it to bring the mods out.

I used to belong to a forum that was totally unmoderated. Some of those threads were amazing. The administrator would come in and post something like, "I'm not closing any threads. Grow up and don't read it if you don't like it." It's gone now, but it was fun for a couple of years. It wasn't all flames, but when the poo started getting flung, it got flung with gusto.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Granny carts - I have three. One wee one, where the basket is sized just right for one brown paper grocery bag. Third used that for ages as she is seriously dangerous with a real shopping cart but won't stay close if she doesn't have hold of something. Another I brought back from Frankfurt - it was my real shopping granny cart for all that time. That thing has its own heavy-duty vinyl bag instead of a wire basket, and the frame is built so solidly that it could probably cart off a small engine block. I use it for yard-tall stacks of books at the library and homeschool conferences. The third one is exactly as you describe yours, but I will keep it anyway as Third is now 5' tall and has outgrown the one-grocery-bag one - perhaps I will line it with a soft cloth laundry bag.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Granny carts - I have three. One wee one, where the basket is sized just right for one brown paper grocery bag. Third used that for ages as she is seriously dangerous with a real shopping cart but won't stay close if she doesn't have hold of something. Another I brought back from Frankfurt - it was my real shopping granny cart for all that time. That thing has its own heavy-duty vinyl bag instead of a wire basket, and the frame is built so solidly that it could probably cart off a small engine block. I use it for yard-tall stacks of books at the library and homeschool conferences. The third one is exactly as you describe yours, but I will keep it anyway as Third is now 5' tall and has outgrown the one-grocery-bag one - perhaps I will line it with a soft cloth laundry bag.
    I'm so glad someone else appreciates these as something other than for laundry! You know, once you have three or more of something, you're a collector. A liner sounds like a good idea. Once the weather cools a bit more, the Saturday Market will be within walking distance and I won't be worried about getting that big thing on the trolley when it's full. I'll just roll it home.

Every day in every way, I'm getting greener and primal-er.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

September 21, 2013 (Saturday – Might be one of two today)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.

B*tch-lite

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Re: the pregnant woman lifting weights. First off, she's been a bodybuilder for years--long before she became pregnant. Secondly, she was Crossfitting before she became pregnant. Third, what she's lifting is a relatively light weight for her (non-pregnant) size; I can't be positive, but it looks like a 33# bar with two 10# plates. Fourth, she's already got two children so she'd know if she was likely to have a high-risk pregnancy. Fifth, as she herself said, pregnancy is not an illness.

Where's the outcry against pregnant women smoking? Where's the outcry against pregnant women drinking alcohol? Both of those activities have scientific proof that they harm the developing child.

The media needs to go find something useful to rise an uproar about.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Joanie,

You are wise, words do hurt but kindness is free. Some of the people here seem to think that two wrongs make a right too. There are also a lot of pseudo-intellectuals that just love to talk and talk about what is wrong with any and everything but do nothing to make the world a better place. Heck, work on making YOUR chunk of the world better and quit complaining. A simple act of kindness can have a profound effect on people. I try to treat people like I would want my mom treated.

I read that article on the Alabama sororities this morning. I am so surprised and saddened that things like that still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Re: the pregnant woman lifting weights. First off, she's been a bodybuilder for years--long before she became pregnant. Secondly, she was Crossfitting before she became pregnant. Third, what she's lifting is a relatively light weight for her (non-pregnant) size; I can't be positive, but it looks like a 33# bar with two 10# plates. Fourth, she's already got two children so she'd know if she was likely to have a high-risk pregnancy. Fifth, as she herself said, pregnancy is not an illness.

Where's the outcry against pregnant women smoking? Where's the outcry against pregnant women drinking alcohol? Both of those activities have scientific proof that they harm the developing child.

The media needs to go find something useful to rise an uproar about.
    Oh, I'm with you. She looks so fit. I think sometimes we post something like she did online, never even thinking it's going to cause people to freak because it's just so right to us. I had a buddy who jogged/ran until she got uncomfortable doing so (short woman) and damn near gave birth riding a horse. That was a lot of years ago and she got some grief from people for doing the running and the riding.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Joanie,

You are wise, words do hurt but kindness is free. Some of the people here seem to think that two wrongs make a right too. There are also a lot of pseudo-intellectuals that just love to talk and talk about what is wrong with any and everything but do nothing to make the world a better place. Heck, work on making YOUR chunk of the world better and quit complaining. A simple act of kindness can have a profound effect on people. I try to treat people like I would want my mom treated.

I read that article on the Alabama sororities this morning. I am so surprised and saddened that things like that still happen.
    V, you are always so sweet to me. Not sure about wise, but if I can keep myself from doing the tragically stupid things in life (like using a butane lighter to check if there's gas in the tank), I'll consider myself lucky.

After all these years, it still surprises me that we can be the same country and yet have such different attitudes in different locales/states. I used to think that since we all had the same access to TV, radio, the internet, public schools, etc., that there'd only be minor differences. Was I ever wrong about that.

B*tch-lite

September 21, 2013 (Saturday, part deux)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:53 PM.

B*tch-lite