Page 85 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 85

Maynard is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I know, it's pretty crazy to think that the pope is a genuine follower of Jesus, right? If the next 2-3 popes are too, this might have significant effects on the catholic church.
    Christianity would be SOOO much more marketable if it didn't follow the Bible.

Maynard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi magicmerl. I totally agree. The more I read about this man, the more I keep thinking, "Where were you in the 70s?" Even though I no longer practice, I'd like to see the Catholic Church be more loving and less by-the-(archaic)-rules. I know a few too many people who have left the Church, not because of beliefs, but because of social issues. I think that's a shame.
    Catholicism has never been about Christianity or following Jesus. It's about money, power and the Catholic doctrine. The Pope is a very poor Catholic. Good for him, but I don't think he's a very good Christian either.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Joanie!

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    I don't think he's a very good Christian either.
    Because....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Of course!
    Cool. Maybe if I'm ever out your way, you can teach me to shoot without reflexively closing my eyes? I'll get us some double espressos (not from you know where) and we'll go shoot stuff. (I'm starting to like this idea.)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're liberal and pro-gun? Maybe you're old school liberal, then.
    Labels are quick fixes. I believe in welfare and foodstamps primarily because I believe in taking care of children, even if their parents fall on to hard times or are complete screw ups. Also because it's cheaper to pay for welfare than prison, so if you feed and house someone, you save money, and maybe you keep someone from committing a crime out of desperation. And lastly, maybe I think that a culture should be judged by how it treats its most helpless members.

I believe in right to carry because a populace should be able to defend itself, not only from some stupid SOB on the street, but from a corrupt government.

I believe all drugs should be legal, as should all sex between consenting adults. Tax revenues increase, grey and black markets decrease. Adults make decisions as to what to do with their bodies rather than having to obey a parental government. Police resources aren't wasted on potheads, junkies, and hookers.

I don't believe in three strike laws because (a) you take discretionary power away from judges/juries, which means we might as well try people in front of computers, and (b) a person with two strikes is more prone to not leave any living witnesses when committing her/his third felony.

So, liberal? Conservative? Socially liberal, but fiscally conservative?

Christianity would be SOOO much more marketable if it didn't follow the Bible.
    I get where you're coming from. This Pope isn't pro-whatever. His stance seems to be "hate the sin; love the sinner." I don't think that's a bad thing.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Cool. Maybe if I'm ever out your way, you can teach me to shoot without reflexively closing my eyes? I'll get us some double espressos (not from you know where) and we'll go shoot stuff. (I'm starting to like this idea.)

Labels are quick fixes. I believe in welfare and foodstamps primarily because I believe in taking care of children, even if their parents fall on to hard times or are complete screw ups. Also because it's cheaper to pay for welfare than prison, so if you feed and house someone, you save money, and maybe you keep someone from committing a crime out of desperation. And lastly, maybe I think that a culture should be judged by how it treats its most helpless members.

I believe in right to carry because a populace should be able to defend itself, not only from some stupid SOB on the street, but from a corrupt government.

I believe all drugs should be legal, as should all sex between consenting adults. Tax revenues increase, grey and black markets decrease. Adults make decisions as to what to do with their bodies rather than having to obey a parental government. Police resources aren't wasted on potheads, junkies, and hookers.

I don't believe in three strike laws because (a) you take discretionary power away from judges/juries, which means we might as well try people in front of computers, and (b) a person with two strikes is more prone to not leave any living witnesses when committing her/his third felony.

So, liberal? Conservative? Socially liberal, but fiscally conservative?

I get where you're coming from. This Pope isn't pro-whatever. His stance seems to be "hate the sin; love the sinner." I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Sounds pretty Libertarian to me......

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member

Because....
    He's not emplyed to be a christian, he's emplyed as the head of the catholic church....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    And me, never get anywhere in politics with that attitude....

Catholicism has never been about Christianity or following Jesus. It's about money, power and the Catholic doctrine. The Pope is a very poor Catholic. Good for him, but I don't think he's a very good Christian either.
    We're all entitled to our opinions. If you would like to start a conversation about how horrid Catholicism is and how terrible the new Pope is, I think the Odds and Ends forum would be a perfect place as there is a lot of traffic there.

Because....
    Not a prob magicmerl. It's all good, and you're always welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I was thinking Rational Anarchist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    He's not emplyed to be a christian, he's emplyed as the head of the catholic church....

And me, never get anywhere in politics with that attitude....
    LOL - I'd never get past the mudslinging and the vetting. Ms. L, have you ever used a controlled substance? Sure, lots of times. Is it true you've slept with other women and sometimes in a group situation? Sure, a few times. Have you even been arrested for a felony? Yes, but it was reduced to a misdemeanor, then dismissed after an ACD deal (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal). (Note: that felony was nothing, really. In 1974, in NY, "Rockefeller's Drug Law" made possession of anything over two grams of a controlled substance a felony. I was starting a few plants in a window box.) Have you ever had sex in a public place? Do you mean like in the woods or like a bath house? Do freight elevators count?

I had a fun youth. In this country, it's tough to go into politics if you took advantage of those wild and wacky 60s and 70s. And really, I couldn't keep a straight face and say stuff like, "Yes, but I didn't hallucinate."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    We're all entitled to our opinions. If you would like to start a conversation about how horrid Catholicism is and how terrible the new Pope is, I think the Odds and Ends forum would be a perfect place as there is a lot of traffic there.
    Horrid, you forgot hypocritical, avaricious, deceiving, ETC....

LOL - I'd never get past the mudslinging and the vetting. Ms. L, have you ever used a controlled substance? Sure, lots of times. Is it true you've slept with other women and sometimes in a group situation? Sure, a few times. Have you even been arrested for a felony? Yes, but it was reduced to a misdemeanor, then dismissed after an ACD deal (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal). (Note: that felony was nothing, really. In 1974, in NY, "Rockefeller's Drug Law" made possession of anything over two grams of a controlled substance a felony. I was starting a few plants in a window box.) Have you ever had sex in a public place? Do you mean like in the woods or like a bath house? Do freight elevators count?

I had a fun youth. In this country, it's tough to go into politics if you took advantage of those wild and wacky 60s and 70s. And really, I couldn't keep a straight face and say stuff like, "Yes, but I didn't hallucinate."
    I take that back, with a rap sheet like that, you'd make an ideal poli....

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Horrid, you forgot hypocritical, avaricious, deceiving, ETC....

I take that back, with a rap sheet like that, you'd make an ideal poli....

LMAO! But I don't attend church. I think it's a requirement here to show the constituents how moral you are.

B*tch-lite