Page 84 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 2578

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 84

  1. #831
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,472
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Eh, I don't sweat it. I almost never go to Starbucks anyways, and if I do I'm armed like always, so nothing's different for me.

    Sent via F-22 Raptor
    I haven't been in $tarbuck$ often, mostly because I think they're overpriced for an average product. But for sure you won't see me buying their products any longer, simply because of their idiotic stance on guns.

    I do conveniently neglect to notice the "no weapons allowed" signs on the movie theaters and malls I commonly go to. (Ssshhhhhhh...) I might be small, but I know how to conceal!

  2. #832
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    By the time you're 90 the "almost" will be out of that sentence.



    I read at another site (Yahoo finance) that the exception is cops for Starbucks.

    So, when one is in one's 50s, how old is a cougar???



    I used to want amoeba wallpaper for my walls because some are really pretty under a microscope. Not so much any more.
    Probably true.... may not take THAT long......

    yeah.... cops are the ONLY people that can be trusted with guns.....

    isn't paisley wall paper amoebas in artistic form? Or are paisleys more like paramecium.... Google is my friend...

  3. #833
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I haven't been in $tarbuck$ often, mostly because I think they're overpriced for an average product. But for sure you won't see me buying their products any longer, simply because of their idiotic stance on guns.

    I do conveniently neglect to notice the "no weapons allowed" signs on the movie theaters and malls I commonly go to. (Ssshhhhhhh...) I might be small, but I know how to conceal!
    Only been in Star (too many) bucks once and that was for pee, still feel bad about that.

    The only thing I conceal is me wallet, never mind a gun, never even held one, unless you include an air pistol!

    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    yeah.... cops are the ONLY people that can be trusted with guns.....
    But they is, dat's why dey carries um....

  4. #834
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Only been in Star (too many) bucks once and that was for pee, still feel bad about that.

    The only thing I conceal is me wallet, never mind a gun, never even held one, unless you include an air pistol!

    But they is, dat's why dey carries um....
    I'm tenuously connected with the senior VP comms at 'bucks This was a corp decision that was pretty agonising for them. For us outsiders, the concept of 'er, please don't bring a tool of death into my hangout space' isn't nearly as challenging.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  5. #835
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I haven't been in $tarbuck$ often, mostly because I think they're overpriced for an average product. But for sure you won't see me buying their products any longer, simply because of their idiotic stance on guns.

    I do conveniently neglect to notice the "no weapons allowed" signs on the movie theaters and malls I commonly go to. (Ssshhhhhhh...) I might be small, but I know how to conceal!
    It's good to have friends who carry. We are friends, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Probably true.... may not take THAT long......

    yeah.... cops are the ONLY people that can be trusted with guns.....

    isn't paisley wall paper amoebas in artistic form? Or are paisleys more like paramecium.... Google is my friend...
    I thought amoeba (or at least one type) were like transparent spheres spinning. Or maybe that was an acid flashback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Only been in Star (too many) bucks once and that was for pee, still feel bad about that.

    The only thing I conceal is me wallet, never mind a gun, never even held one, unless you include an air pistol!

    But they is, dat's why dey carries um....
    Someone tried to teach me to shoot when I was about 17. I kept closing my eyes when I pulled the trigger. There was only the one lesson.

    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm tenuously connected with the senior VP comms at 'bucks This was a corp decision that was pretty agonising for them. For us outsiders, the concept of 'er, please don't bring a tool of death into my hangout space' isn't nearly as challenging.
    The weirdness in the disparity in the laws among the various states is palpable. People in states like NY, CA, and OR probably wouldn't even blink because their gun laws are so strict. Get to TX, UT, the South in general, and people take their right to carry pretty seriously. Even though I'm jumpy at loud noises (hence only one shooting lesson), I often think that the more we arm decent, sane people, the better off we'll be.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  6. #836
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    6,997

    September 18 & 19, 2013 (Wed & Thur)

    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  7. #837
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I hope itís not too late, but God bless you for trying, Pope Frank.
    I know, it's pretty crazy to think that the pope is a genuine follower of Jesus, right? If the next 2-3 popes are too, this might have significant effects on the catholic church.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  8. #838
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's good to have friends who carry. We are friends, right?
    Of course!

  9. #839
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I know, it's pretty crazy to think that the pope is a genuine follower of Jesus, right? If the next 2-3 popes are too, this might have significant effects on the catholic church.
    Hi magicmerl. I totally agree. The more I read about this man, the more I keep thinking, "Where were you in the 70s?" Even though I no longer practice, I'd like to see the Catholic Church be more loving and less by-the-(archaic)-rules. I know a few too many people who have left the Church, not because of beliefs, but because of social issues. I think that's a shame.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  10. #840
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    You're liberal and pro-gun? Maybe you're old school liberal, then.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •