Page 83 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 2889

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 83

  1. #821
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,425
    Shop Now
    Wheat gluten has has been implicated as a potential pathogenic factor for psychiatric disorders. Research has shown that schizophrenics and people with spectrum-associated disorders (autism, etc.) function better on a gluten-free diet.

    So my theory is that there are a LOT of forum members cheating on the primal blueprint and eating gluten-containing grains.

    Last night Sweetie and I were discussing the recent Navy Shipyard shooter, and other similar shooting incidents, and jokingly I said, "Wheat eaters!"

    I wonder, though, how much of a joke that reallly is. If they've associated gluten with psychiatric disorders, could it be that some people have specific gluten sensitivities (perphaps with other epigenic influences) that manifest as crazy behavior?

  2. #822
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Sadly, many of the amoeba are gonna die of starvation......
    And amoeba 'round the world wept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    That sugar content thing was a bit of a shock, I've never had a Krispy Kreme, but it looks a better option up to some of that other tat....

    Be thee sure 'bout that....
    I've never been a fan of donuts, though Dunkin' used to have a glazed blueberry that I could eat half of before my teeth hurt. But, donuts don't pretend to be good for you. Things like vitamin water and yogurt sold as healthy (granola bars are the worst of this group) when they're really just vehicles for sugar are what piss me off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Wheat gluten has has been implicated as a potential pathogenic factor for psychiatric disorders. Research has shown that schizophrenics and people with spectrum-associated disorders (autism, etc.) function better on a gluten-free diet.

    So my theory is that there are a LOT of forum members cheating on the primal blueprint and eating gluten-containing grains.

    Last night Sweetie and I were discussing the recent Navy Shipyard shooter, and other similar shooting incidents, and jokingly I said, "Wheat eaters!"

    I wonder, though, how much of a joke that reallly is. If they've associated gluten with psychiatric disorders, could it be that some people have specific gluten sensitivities (perphaps with other epigenic influences) that manifest as crazy behavior?
    Wow, I didn't know any of that. So, now when someone posts that they were doing great until they went to a family reunion and ate lots of cupcakes, I have to worry where they buried Aunt Melba. heh
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  3. #823
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,423

    September 17, 2013 (Tuesday)

    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  4. #824
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    And amoeba 'round the world wept.



    I've never been a fan of donuts, though Dunkin' used to have a glazed blueberry that I could eat half of before my teeth hurt. But, donuts don't pretend to be good for you. Things like vitamin water and yogurt sold as healthy (granola bars are the worst of this group) when they're really just vehicles for sugar are what piss me off.



    Wow, I didn't know any of that. So, now when someone posts that they were doing great until they went to a family reunion and ate lots of cupcakes, I have to worry where they buried Aunt Melba. heh
    I was always a fan of their chocolate glazed chocolate dog-nut.... almost better than sex.....

  5. #825
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Two days with almost nothing to say. Journal-block. After sleeping for a lot of the last two days because once the sinus pain went away, my head felt like it was filled with a heavy fog, I’m now feeling great and it’s 4am. So, technically, this is Wednesday, but I’m going to make it Tuesday’s entry anyway because it’s my journal and I can.

    A problem with design magazines is that when one is renting, one doesn’t want to improve the landlord’s asset. At least I don’t, and especially for this particular scumlord… er slumlord. But, I want all the pretty things. Mid-century modern furniture, a stark building that looks like a warehouse, lots of Murano glass – I want it all.

    Lots of cool news…

    Starbucks asks U.S. customers to leave guns at home | Reuters – Please don’t bring your gun in and load up on caffeine!

    Share of U.S. uninsured falls, census data show - Brett Norman - POLITICO.com – See, this is one of those misleading headlines that lets you know the fourth estate is a pile of crap.



    Umm… doesn’t that just mean that a bunch of people turned 65 and a bunch hit the poverty level? Good news though, because the % of uninsured fell.

    Court Decides If Gay Juror Can Be Taken off Case - ABC News – Because we all know that "faggots" can’t be rational about an AIDS case. Actually, this is more about the lawyers than it is about haters.

    AFP: Tiger genome to help big-cat conservation



    A world without tigers would be sad.

    BBC News - New Orleans police convictions thrown out – Bitter pill, indeed, but I get where the judge is coming from.

    U.S. poverty rate holds steady near a generational high - latimes.com – 46.5M live at or below poverty. 15% of the population. At its peak since the “War on Poverty” began in 1965. I think we should stop using the term “War on” since we invariably lose and look like schmucks.

    Kids' food allergies cost U.S. nearly $25 billion a year, study finds - latimes.com

    Researchers discover how and where imagination occurs in human brains – Total nerd news.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/he...ions.html?_r=0 – Antibiotic-Resistant Infections Lead to 23,000 Deaths a Year, C.D.C. Finds - Gosh, I wonder if subtherapeutic use of antibiotics in our food source might be part of the problem?

    Stephen Hawking backs right to assisted suicide | Fox News

    Monday’s food: 2 meat muffins (that sounds like something other than food). Chicken thighs. Pork rinds. Feta. A half cup of cashews. Protein shake with cocoa powder.
    Glad your feeling better....

    Guess Starf*#@s wants to loose the cops business.... I mean, who doesn't love a dog-nut with their coffee..... I may need to find a new coffee brand....

    A world without tigers upsets me not.... A world without cougars.... a whole other kettle of fish I tell ye!

    Poverty rate at 15%... so we have spent triiiiiiliions of dollars for zero gain...... fargin gubamint....


    Anti-biotics in food is part of the problem..... that's why we have E-coli Hwhatevetherthehell57orsumsuchcrap

    I'm a big fan of meat muffins..... and thighs.... and pork..... they are all delishious!

  6. #826
    vh67's Avatar
    vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    687
    My imagination comes from the unicorns and fairies living in my brain! My nightmares from the leprechauns and amoebas. I don't need science to tell me that...

    The practice of law would be fun except for the darn lawyers. And judges.

  7. #827
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I was always a fan of their chocolate glazed chocolate dog-nut.... almost better than sex.....
    By the time you're 90 the "almost" will be out of that sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Glad your feeling better....

    Guess Starf*#@s wants to loose the cops business.... I mean, who doesn't love a dog-nut with their coffee..... I may need to find a new coffee brand....

    A world without tigers upsets me not.... A world without cougars.... a whole other kettle of fish I tell ye!

    Poverty rate at 15%... so we have spent triiiiiiliions of dollars for zero gain...... fargin gubamint....


    Anti-biotics in food is part of the problem..... that's why we have E-coli Hwhatevetherthehell57orsumsuchcrap

    I'm a big fan of meat muffins..... and thighs.... and pork..... they are all delishious!
    I read at another site (Yahoo finance) that the exception is cops for Starbucks.

    We always seem to not give a hand up, but a hand out which helps no one. I remember when you had to lie if you were on unemployment and you went to college at the same time. One state at one time (Minnesota maybe?) decided to treat each benefit separately. IOW, if a parent went to work, they didn't lose the medical for their kids. It's not like many people on welfare go right into a full-time, full-benefit job. I could go on and on, but we should be teaching skills, teaching how to interview, helping with professional looking clothing, etc. Stop throwing fish at people and give them a damn fishing pole!

    So, when one is in one's 50s, how old is a cougar???

    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    My imagination comes from the unicorns and fairies living in my brain! My nightmares from the leprechauns and amoebas. I don't need science to tell me that...

    The practice of law would be fun except for the darn lawyers. And judges.
    I used to want amoeba wallpaper for my walls because some are really pretty under a microscope. Not so much any more.

    The judge said it bothered him to turn over the convictions but there had been so many improprieties by the prosecuters that he had to. I think they wrote that his decision was 129 pages long. I don't really know what that is in lawyer speak, but it sounds like he thought about it (I think they get their clerks to do all the legwork).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  8. #828
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Starbucks asks U.S. customers to leave guns at home | Reuters – Please don’t bring your gun in and load up on caffeine!
    All this means is that $tarbuck$ just lost business. Any of us who conceal OR open carry will take our business elswhere. A crazed (wheat-eating) shooter will fire his weapon anywhere he damn well pleases, even if the business says "no guns". Shooters are prevented from continuing their shooting sprees by law-abiding people carrying weapons and using them when necessary.

  9. #829
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    All this means is that $tarbuck$ just lost business. Any of us who conceal OR open carry will take our business elswhere. A crazed (wheat-eating) shooter will fire his weapon anywhere he damn well pleases, even if the business says "no guns". Shooters are prevented from continuing their shooting sprees by law-abiding people carrying weapons and using them when necessary.
    Eh, I don't sweat it. I almost never go to Starbucks anyways, and if I do I'm armed like always, so nothing's different for me.

    Sent via F-22 Raptor

  10. #830
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    All this means is that $tarbuck$ just lost business. Any of us who conceal OR open carry will take our business elswhere. A crazed (wheat-eating) shooter will fire his weapon anywhere he damn well pleases, even if the business says "no guns". Shooters are prevented from continuing their shooting sprees by law-abiding people carrying weapons and using them when necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Eh, I don't sweat it. I almost never go to Starbucks anyways, and if I do I'm armed like always, so nothing's different for me.
    I think they were just caving to some public pressure. I think the last time I had some of their product, it was because someone gave me a gift card for getting something done for her that was within my job description, but apparently everyone else had been giving her the run-around. So I bought some beans because they were free.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •