Page 80 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 80

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    As a bit of a news hound I thought you might find this amusing....

Just to show that we've got our share of boneheads, I present, Daniel Cooper ESQ!

The last quote made me chuckle;
    “He is not a pretty sight when naked. We all felt sorry for the LandRover and hope it wasn’t offended.”

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good to see entrepreneurism isn't dead, you're fortune awaits you....Girl who was with us over there had one and she was away with the pixies for hours!

Not some of the accountants I know, one's a right fruitloop!
    Oh yes, after work, some accountants cut loose fersure. One of the firms I worked for would give one of us the company credit card on April 15th night (the deadline for filing our taxes in the U.S.) and tell us to all go out and party. There was cash given for cab rides home also. The ones who behave most straightlaced in the office were of course the ones dancing on the tables when given the okay by the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    As a bit of a news hound I thought you might find this amusing....

Just to show that we've got our share of boneheads, I present, Daniel Cooper ESQ!

The last quote made me chuckle;
    I laughed my ass off through the whole story. Cars, counters, on the floor - that poor little househusband gets a night out and really takes advantage of his freedom! I even loved the penalty - no being in public between 7pm and 7am on weekends - sounds like when you ground a teenager.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Forgot to post this here yesterday

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    And noooow it's time for... Ask the Cheese Lady!

Joanie, can you recommend a good cheese to make cheesecake with? I try to avoid the Philadelphia bricks, and I've had a hard time finding a quality cheese that's the right consistency.

Hi Goldie.

I'm not much of a baker, but my grandmother used to make cheesecake with ricotta cheese.

I've never made it myself, but it was delicious. I wonder if chevre would work - that would give it a nice tangy taste.

Here's some ideas for the ricotta:

Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe | Cooking | How To | Martha Stewart Recipes

And here's one for chevre that looks pretty primal: Chevre Cheesecake

Chevre Cheesecake

serves 12

16 ounce soft goat cheese, at room temperature
    3 large eggs, at room temperature
    3/4 cup coconut sugar
    2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
    1/2 large lemon, juiced
    Crust
    1 1/2 cups almond flour
    1/2 cup coconut sugar
    1/3 cup goat butter

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the butter on low power and allow to cool. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the almond flour and ½ cup coconut sugar and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer off and add the butter; resume mixing on low speed until the ingredients are well combined. Press the mixture evenly into a well-buttered, 9-inch springform pan, pressing the crust up the sides of the pan at least 1/2 an inch. Set aside.

Wash the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and dry thoroughly. Add the eggs and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment at medium speed until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is slightly foamy; add the zest and juice and mix at medium speed for one minute more. Drop the goat cheese into the bowl by the tablespoonful, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed until the batter is smooth and fluffy.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan with the crust, scraping it all out with a rubber or silicone spatula. Smooth the surface with the spatula and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is beginning to turn golden brown and a thin knife or cake inserted near the center comes out clean.

Place the cake on a cooling rack and cool completely. Run a thin, flexible spatula around the perimeter of the cheesecake to loosen it before removing the outer ring of the springform pan. Refrigerate until cold before slicing and serving.
    I'm chuckling at "Serves 12." I'm thinking, "Serves Joanie."

B*tch-lite

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Joanie! I like that Chèvre recipe. I don't often bake, either, but we have pot-luck lunches at work every few months, and I'm tired of the same person bringing the same jello-like "cheese cake" for the dessert. I really think she makes it from some sort of mix, it doesn't look like real cheesecake at all. I can never bring myself to taste it, but I bet it doesn't even have any sort of cheese in it.

*sigh*

While I'm lucky that none of my coworkers are vegan/vegetarian, most of them think "homemade" is combining two different kinds of mixes to make something. (Like, prepared frozen meatballs + gravy packet mix; or canned sloppy joe mix with ketchup and sugar added. Ugh!) And there's always the "healthy" macaroni salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Thanks, Joanie! I like that Chèvre recipe. I don't often bake, either, but we have pot-luck lunches at work every few months, and I'm tired of the same person bringing the same jello-like "cheese cake" for the dessert. I really think she makes it from some sort of mix, it doesn't look like real cheesecake at all. I can never bring myself to taste it, but I bet it doesn't even have any sort of cheese in it.

*sigh*

While I'm lucky that none of my coworkers are vegan/vegetarian, most of them think "homemade" is combining two different kinds of mixes to make something. (Like, prepared frozen meatballs + gravy packet mix; or canned sloppy joe mix with ketchup and sugar added. Ugh!) And there's always the "healthy" macaroni salad.
    Cheesecake without cheese? That's a tragedy.

I'm laughing at the prepared frozen meatballs. And "healthy" mac salad must have diet mayonnaise of course. One of my favorite icky meals back in the day was an eight ounce block of cream cheese melted into cannned chili and hot sauce. Eat with chips.

I'm not saying I didn't use convenience foods before Primal, but I think I would have been embarrassed to bring sloppy joe mix with ketchup and sugar added - what the heck is that? LOL

Please tell me how the cheesecake comes out.

B*tch-lite

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

*sigh*

I just. I. Words fail me. How is that cooking? We have similar events at work and the cook-off aspect of it is pretty competitive. I sometimes cheat a bit and make 'assembly dishes' but that is something like this

rather than an unholy combination of nonsense 'foods'.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Badgergirl, that's so beautiful. A perfect way to show that healthy and wholesome doesn't have to mean hours and hours of prep work. I'd be all over that.

B*tch-lite

September 13, 2013 (Friday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 10:27 PM.

B*tch-lite