Page 70 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 70

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Late to the party, but I like a nice, tightly woven rug on hard wood, which is what I have at home.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Late to the party, but I like a nice, tightly woven rug on hard wood, which is what I have at home.
    Thats a nice combination.... and everyone knows that shag carpet is so.... 1970! Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 08-21-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
    As long as it's nicely buffed....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Tiz true..... no one likes a nazty flo!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I'm partial to hard, buffed floors, too...

Joanie, I'm in the middle of reading "Deep Nutrition" by Catherine and Luke Shanahan. They also mention mom's nutrition, having babies too close together, and (lack of) breastfeeding. It's an excellent book--the main focus is on "traditional" eating and what the healthiest diets have in common. Primal but without the "caveman" connection.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what you nasty minded folks was refering to but I like floors.... hard wood ones are best....
    Depends how hard yer wood is....

And those yoghurts, only heard of two, and that was the two worst ones!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Thats a nice combination.... and everyone knows that shag carpet is so.... 1970! Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
    Tiz true..... no one likes a nazty flo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm partial to hard, buffed floors, too...
    I leave you all alone for a few hours, and you've corrupted Goldie!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Joanie, I'm in the middle of reading "Deep Nutrition" by Catherine and Luke Shanahan. They also mention mom's nutrition, having babies too close together, and (lack of) breastfeeding. It's an excellent book--the main focus is on "traditional" eating and what the healthiest diets have in common. Primal but without the "caveman" connection.
    Sounds cool; I'll check it out. My mom was so averse to breastfeeding that she honestly thought that it was something only done by the poor and "those people in National Geographic." She also gained a lot of weight during her pregnancies and once joked that it would have been okay if she'd been carrying 40 pound babies.

There's a scene in Six Feet Under where a woman offers her pregnant daughter some brie and the daughter declines, pointing at her bump. Mom says something to the effect, "Oh you women today. In my day we went through our entire pregnancies with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other, and you turned out okay."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

August 21, 2013 (Wednesday)

As much as I do love to mock or make fun of people in the privacy of my own mind, I have even more fun mocking myself. After my long-winded post the other day about why/how I’m going to add back a couple of CAFO meals and even the occasional serving of bread back into my life, last night I had the most delicious burgers – and there wasn’t a hunk of bread in sight.

My first burger was topped with raw green tomato and a kind of egg goo that would be the precursor of mayonnaise. IOW I didn’t want to futz around with making mayo, so I took one egg yolk and blended it with some garlic powder and a half-tablespoon of olive oil in one of those single serving blenders. Pure heaven.

Later in the evening, realizing that my calories were at a mere 560, I made a second burger. This time, when the burger started rendering its fat in the pan, I threw in some green tomato so that would get cooked in beefy goodness. Burger on plate (even I don’t eat my burgers from a bowl), about ¾ of a tablespoon of butter on burger, tomato on top of that to help the butter melt. Beef ‘n’ butter – it’s what’s for dinner!

I didn’t miss the bread.

If I started writing about how much and how long I’ve absolutely loathed “Dr.” Phil’s mere existence, my bp would soar, I’d start foaming at the mouth, and my head would explode. So, I’ll just post these:

Ex-Pope Benedict on why he resigned: 'God told me to' - latimes.com – He should get together with Dub – the two of them could do a conference call with God.

Speaking of shag carpets and the 70s: David Cassidy -- Arrested for Drunk Driving | TMZ.com - Mug shots are always so creepy.

And just in case you’re like me and you just want to scream, “I told you so,” after the bullshit that has come down due to giving carte blanche to Security and Intelligence agencies after nine-eleven:

Report: NSA can ‘reach roughly 75% of all U.S. Internet traffic’

NSA surveillance reach broader than publicly acknowledged | Fox News

With New Leaks, More NSA Deception Is Exposed - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Deception? Liar liar pants on fire is more like it. Deception is wearing a padded bra on a first date. This goes way beyond that.

This is totally stupid, but I like it (the end is good):

Honest to goodness, when I find stuff like this in the fridge, I could swear I’m channeling my mother:

She’d be laughing her ass off if she could see it.

Tuesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil and one with butter. The two burgers I described above. A protein shake with a tablespoon of cocoa added.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I leave you all alone for a few hours, and you've corrupted Goldie!

You can't blame them, Joanie, I've been corrupted for years! I tend to be stealthy about it, though, so when I do make a comment it gets the proper reaction!

For instance, one day at work, a couple coworkers were talking about their cats. We were each in our own cube, just talking over the walls. After listening to the cat conversation for a while, I said, "I like cats, too, but I can't eat a whole one by myself."

The reaction was well worth it!

For the record, I haven't eaten cat, and I am owned by a Maine Coon cat.

LMAO! Goldie, I love when I get to work with people like you. I always gravitated toward the office smartass.

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I have heard that cat taste like chicken.

I have to admit that I am not surprised or shocked at the info the government collects on us. They have been since the beginning of time and now we have the technology to search and store information easily and more efficiently. My goal is to bore anyone collecting info on me to death.

Joanie, have you fermented anything since you made sauerkraut? I just made a wonderful batch of garlicky spicy dill green beans based on a dill pickle recipe in Wild Fermenation. I am amazed at how easy it is to make fermented vegetables!