Page 64 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: B*tchapalooza 2013 page 64

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Question, Joanie - I searched for and found your tongue recipe, and will make it soon, but I have one problem - OMG, how did you manage to peel the damn thing?! Just LOOKING at it makes me all icky inside, and I like organs and stuff!
    Not Joanie but once it is cooked, it is really easy to peel. I didn't even use a knife, just my hands. And my puppies loved it!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are using sticky rice and not loose, fluffy long grain - or you will be finishing your dinner sometime tomorrow...
    I kind of make a mushy rice by sort of cooking it twice. IOW when most people would figure the rice was done, I add water and cook it again. So, not sticky, but not fluffy. And I have a fork at the ready. I wouldn't bet much more than 25cents that I'll be successful with the chopsticks.

Question, Joanie - I searched for and found your tongue recipe, and will make it soon, but I have one problem - OMG, how did you manage to peel the damn thing?! Just LOOKING at it makes me all icky inside, and I like organs and stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Not Joanie but once it is cooked, it is really easy to peel. I didn't even use a knife, just my hands. And my puppies loved it!
    It is physically easy to peel. As to the aesthetics of it, I'm a one woman comedy act in the kitchen. I keep laughing at myself and telling myself what I wimp I am. Then I tell the tongue how disgusting it looks. Eventually it's just so bizarre that it doesn't matter any more. Crabcakes, you've had four babies - this will be a breeze.

And dogs do love it. My favorite neighbor dog has moved away.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Crabcakes, you've had four babies - this will be a breeze. .
    I shall endeavor to keep this in mind.

Last time I had anything to do with tongue, I had this brilliant idea to add it to my raw cat food mix since I had one in the freezer. So I thaw it, and then try to peel it with a paring knife while raw... I can still hear the Velcro-like sounds and almost still feel the roughness of the nubblies, just like giant cat tongue hooks, as I did mad battle to get the skin off. My skin was crawling.

And my beloved cats left every. Damn. Piece. Behind.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

vh67 is offline Senior Member

Talking

That is the great thing about Labs, they eat anything! The tongue felt a little icky but I felt very "primal" removing it barehanded. It tasted great fried up with some eggs. My husband actually ate most of what I served him. I did get in trouble for asking if he "slipped the dog some tongue" when I wasn't looking.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    When eating non-sticky rice with chopsticks, such as fried rice and chinese rice(when not eating out of a small bowl that you can bring up to your mouth, which is proper even though westerners think it's bad manners), you can use the chopsticks held just a little apart to scoop into the rice and it should hold on top like a bridge. This should get you a decent small bite or mouthful.

Not too hard but it requires a bit of a steady hand.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I shall endeavor to keep this in mind.

Last time I had anything to do with tongue, I had this brilliant idea to add it to my raw cat food mix since I had one in the freezer. So I thaw it, and then try to peel it with a paring knife while raw... I can still hear the Velcro-like sounds and almost still feel the roughness of the nubblies, just like giant cat tongue hooks, as I did mad battle to get the skin off. My skin was crawling.

And my beloved cats left every. Damn. Piece. Behind.
    LMAO because cats are, well, cats. I imagine peeling it prior to cooking would be tough. Even touching it while it's still raw is a bit weird because it looks like a tongue. I'm sure if we thought about it too much, a whole chicken would seem a little creepy, but that's something we've all been raised on. Other cuts of meat don't really remind me of the original animal.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    That is the great thing about Labs, they eat anything! The tongue felt a little icky but I felt very "primal" removing it barehanded. It tasted great fried up with some eggs. My husband actually ate most of what I served him. I did get in trouble for asking if he "slipped the dog some tongue" when I wasn't looking.
    Hahaha. You're funny. Glad your husband came around and ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When eating non-sticky rice with chopsticks, such as fried rice and chinese rice(when not eating out of a small bowl that you can bring up to your mouth, which is proper even though westerners think it's bad manners), you can use the chopsticks held just a little apart to scoop into the rice and it should hold on top like a bridge. This should get you a decent small bite or mouthful.

Not too hard but it requires a bit of a steady hand.
    This! Oh, and food is easier to pick up than paper towels and sleep masks. Which makes sense because that's their purpose. I ate the whole meal except for a few pieces of rice at the bottom of the bowl with the chopsticks. I thought I'd be picking rice from between my breasts, but it didn't happen. I did hold the bowl near my face.

I can add "learn to use chopsticks" to my list of new things in 2013. Yay!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

August 12, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014 at 09:12 PM.

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Sooooo THAAAAATS where the Cadburry creme eggs come from!!!

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Sooooo THAAAAATS where the Cadburry creme eggs come from!!!
    LOL, big time!

Would it have produced a rabken or a chickbit.....

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

LOL, big time!

Would it have produced a rabken or a chickbit.....
    Either one would taste good with some butter and garlic!